We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolphins excursion

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Romford, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Dolphins excursion

Hi everyone,

We're out in the playacar / playa del carmen region at the moment - absolutely amazing! Arrived here Wednesday eve.

Anyway, we really wanted to do the cliché swimming with dolphins but there are so many different places that we can choose from. I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations or maybe there are some of you who have been to 2 or 3 out here and could tell us which one was best?

Many thanks,

Emma

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
971 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Dolphins excursion

Emma,go with Dolphinus and ignore what other people say everyone has their own opinion

Dronfield, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
22. Re: Dolphins excursion

also looked in to this and found i'd be more comfortable seeing the dolphins in the wild. this can be done locally at sian ka'an. http://www.cesiak.org/

No preaching just giving you another option.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,426 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Dolphins excursion

FWIW, I was pretty ignorant about the ethical issues associated with dolphin swims until my daughter expressed an interest and I started researching it.

I was, quite frankly, surprised about how many people have been hurt doing this activity. And of course, once I started looking into this industry a little further, I didn't have to go far to be slapped upside the head with respect to the horrific and barbaric practices involved in capturing the dolphins in the first place and the subsequent extreme cruelty to which these animals are subjected.

To the OP, dolphin welfare aside, for your own well-being, I would politely suggest you do a bit more research before making your decision.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Dolphins excursion

Thank you to those who have sent me helpful information, even those offering alternatives of how to see them in the wild. I shall definitely consider this option.

When I asked for people to keep their opinions to themselves, I also added that people should only be giving advice that has been asked for. I have asked for recommendations for a place to swim with dolphins - I did not ask to be preached to about the rights and wrongs of the matter and I don't appreciate people coming on here insinuating that I'm a bad person for wanting to swim with dolphins. I don't agree with bullfighting but if someone asked a question about it on trip advisor I wouldn't ram my opinion down their throats because it's not my place. If I could help with their question I would, if I couldn't I wouldn't respond, it's simple. That's what this site is about, not an excuse to lecture others on your ethical views.

Truth or...
Level Contributor
219 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Dolphins excursion

Ok, so bulls = good, dolphins = bad. Noted.

indy
Level Contributor
238 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Dolphins excursion

Have had quire a few friends use Dolphin Discovery in Puerto Aventuras and really like it. We have not gone ourselves, but have done the Punta Allen excursion and seen them in the wild.

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
5,001 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Dolphins excursion

Delphinus program was very good to use...my wife had a blast and still talks about it today !! Have a great time !

uk
Level Contributor
833 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Dolphins excursion

well said emma,you go and enjoy

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,016 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Dolphins excursion

Luckily Bullfighting is becoming obsolete hopefully swimming with captive beautiful Dolphins will as well and that is just my opinion.

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
5,001 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Dolphins excursion

Fortunately opinions are like bellybuttons...everyone has one. The OP asked for a reccomendation not a moral discussion on people opinion on it. I agree with what she said if you are not answering the question do not post !!