We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BIG Pool-A/C--Boutique Hotel or SMALL Resort

Oregon
Level Contributor
96 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
BIG Pool-A/C--Boutique Hotel or SMALL Resort

Hi folks,

Can anyone give me a list of places or recommendations for a place that is not huge enough to be party central and like you are in a bubble, but not so small that the pool is so small as to have to use a special lens to accentuate it in pictures? I am planning on a trip during Spring break (but not to get DRUNK by the way!!). A place that has A/C, close to beach (how can it not be right?). I would love to stay at the real small boutique hotels nearby but the pool is way small and I can imagine how busy that looks. I also noticed that lots of places have the Beach Club you can go to but I also can imagine how doggone busy that will be as well.. Want a place to relax, take a swim, go to beach if want to, walk to shops... be with my hubby and daughter.. (so need either 2 bedroom or 1 bedroom and a sofa couch in living room). Am I asking too much? Speaking of, don't want to pay over 200.00. I am looking on my own here and just started. Had a different area in mind but their prices were ridiculous so thinking of focusing here. Do not like the whole kid drunk scene so hopefully this is an alternative.

Thanks a lot for reading!

justwannachillgal

Oregon
Level Contributor
96 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BIG Pool-A/C--Boutique Hotel or SMALL Resort

OH also me again:

Kid is a teen and this is in Playa Del Carmen area..

With all my rambling I still left stuff out!

Okie
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BIG Pool-A/C--Boutique Hotel or SMALL Resort

the biggest pool I could see in photos (big is an overstatement) is at La Tortuga....about the 9th one down on the reviews to the left....looks like a nice enough place

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BIG Pool-A/C--Boutique Hotel or SMALL Resort

We're staying at Natz ti Ha condos in north Playa this year. Nice 2 bedroom condo is about $1000/week. Central air, nice pool, located right behind Shangri La and on the beach beach in Playa!

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BIG Pool-A/C--Boutique Hotel or SMALL Resort

You can check out Natz ti Ha at Playadreams.com or Playarentals.com.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
394 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BIG Pool-A/C--Boutique Hotel or SMALL Resort

My boyfriend and I are staying at La Tortuga over spring break - the main reason we chose it is because I'm more a pool person than a beach person and have heard from guests that the photos actually don't do the size of the pool justice. All of the rooms are under $200, I think, even the suites. It's two blocks from the beach and they have access to the Mamitas Beach Club, which is a 10 minute walk away from what I understand. I can't speak from experience (yet!), but really did my homework and can't wait to try this hotel.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
394 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BIG Pool-A/C--Boutique Hotel or SMALL Resort

I thought this was the best picture I saw that shows the full layout at Tortuga and how it loops aorund.

image.pegs.com/images/LM/7927/7927_g1.jpg

Okie
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BIG Pool-A/C--Boutique Hotel or SMALL Resort

thanks for the pic....does make it look bigger, but wonder why they didn't just leave out the middle island and make it a big pool...I have been checking this and Playa Maya out for a quick vaca in October

Oregon
Level Contributor
96 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BIG Pool-A/C--Boutique Hotel or SMALL Resort

Thanks everyone for contributing.. keep em coming.. I am gonna check these all out.. Appreciate so much. Sometimes going out there makes you cross eyed so it's nice when you know others have been there or have done research. :)

Okie
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BIG Pool-A/C--Boutique Hotel or SMALL Resort

likes...also check out this website...pool looks pretty big and the rates in the high season w/ breakfast included are pretty close to the price you are looking at

www.laspalapas.com.mx/english/index.php

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
394 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BIG Pool-A/C--Boutique Hotel or SMALL Resort

Easy, I don't know why they put an island in the middle of the pool, but that's my favorite part about it! The strip surrounding the pool seems to be quite shaded, so perhaps the thinking was that it needed some space that was more open to the sun.