We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from EDM paradise

texas
Level Contributor
855 posts
134 reviews
Save Topic
Just returned from EDM paradise

We just returned from 10 days at the paradise known as EDM.. It was our 9th trip there for a reason. if anyone has any questions about this resort I will be happy to answer them !

Denver, co
Level Contributor
648 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned from EDM paradise

Glad you had a great time! Do you happen to know what the occupancy rate was like?

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,552 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned from EDM paradise

Hi, my name is Amy and I am an EDM addict, it is 36 days until my 8th visit to the EDM! :-)

Suzi, so glad you had another wonderful time! Besides the fillet in Mio what were some of your favorite items (especially interested in the new ones chef has added to the menus)? Did you meet Sr. Ignacio? I am sure you did and I would love to get your thoughts on him as well?

I trust that you put El Burro (aka Rene) and Carlos through the paces and they will be ready for us! :-) Oh I can't wait!!!!

wisconsin
Level Contributor
335 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just returned from EDM paradise

Good to hear your trip was well. We will be there in less than 2 weeks. I follow Akandal's wishes about info new food and the GM. Our visits are closer together now but still hard to live through the wait. Hve a greta day Thanks

texas
Level Contributor
855 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just returned from EDM paradise

snakeye...the occupancy was 25% the first few days and 55% the last few days,...it was wonderful !!!

texas
Level Contributor
855 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just returned from EDM paradise

Amy and risky......the marsala glazed tenderloin in mio is even better and the best steak in the place!...Terry really liked the osso busco as well.....the mahi mahi in sabores was very good...we ate with people who had the seafood stuffed poblno peppers twice...i did not try it but they really liked it....i had roberto make me belgium waffles in papitos almost every morning with fruit...yummmyyyy.we ate sevearl times in kiyoko because we really like the tepanyaki ( got them to make me some coconut shrimp one night :) ).im not sure carlos, franklin and rene have recoverd yet...there were 10 of us that met up there and it was crazy and fun! I will PM you this afternoon Amy ! You guys all have a wonderful time...our weather was hit and iss...pretty and sunny 5 days and off and on rain 5 days...but never a day where it didnt give uis some sun for a few hours...mosquitoes were out after rain so take your OFF !

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,552 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just returned from EDM paradise

Thanks so much Suzi! I am hoping they still have the huitlacoche stuffed chicken at Sabores (always one of my favorites), DH loves the poblano. We both love the tepanyaki as well (I always get a half order of Shrimp tempora as my app!) and am sure we will eat there at least twice (if not 3 times) in our 9 nights. Any specialty nights yet?

So they can do the Waffles in Pepitos now, wonderful! Now if they have the mole sauce and can make Huevos poblanos there we will be set! :-)

As long as risky doesn't wear them out, I am sure Carlos, Frankin and Rene will all be ready for us!

Looking forward to your PM!

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,552 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just returned from EDM paradise

yikes it would be nice if I could spell! Sorry about that!

8. Re: Just returned from EDM paradise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2016, 16:10
Omaha, Nebraska
14 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Just returned from EDM paradise

Captain, we arrive Sunday night for our first EDM visit as well!!! Love to see the loyalty the EDM guests have - I am sure we are in for a great vacation! (Even though the weather is looking a little iffy!)

texas
Level Contributor
855 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just returned from EDM paradise

Yes they do have special activities when it rains !! They plan all kinds of things...even had movies in Ricks one afternoon although it was never rainy long enough for me to do that....i figure im already wet...why not just sit at swim up bar and get wetter !! Amy..yes..you can order waffles, pancakes all in papitos...roberto the chef will make them while you stand there...he made me migas even though they arent on any menu...the stuffed chicken is still on the menu :).......they have also added beans with chili to the chip tray that is already served with guacamole, pico and ixcnapic(spelling)...overall the entire food presentation and quality was much better IMHO. and i saw mole sauce :)