We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Porto Real vs. Royal PDC

WV
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Gran Porto Real vs. Royal PDC

We just returned from a week at the Gran Porto. We upgraded our room to include all inclusive privileges at the Royal as well. We loved both places and are very happy we upgraded our AI to include both resorts. We spent a couple of evenings on 5th Ave. , which is a 2 minute walk from both resorts. If anyone has questions about these resorts I will be happy to try to answer them.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Porto Real vs. Royal PDC

If you could go back tomarrow, where would you stay? Just got back from our second trip to RPDC and I don't think I could stay at the GPR even with privileges, I enjoy the in room jacuzzis too much, no kids and VIP status. If price wasn't an issue where would you stay ? Be honest please! Thanks !

Edited: 15 September 2013, 22:45
WV
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Porto Real vs. Royal PDC

Our room at the GPR was a beach front walk out and it really was very nice. We were right near the beach bar and could sit on our patio and they would bring our drinks right to us! (almost too good of service)!! lol. We checked out an oceanview room at the Royal for future visits and liked it as well. If price wasn't an issue, we would choose the Royal - hands down. But betwen the oceanview and the beachfront walk out......I'm not really sure. The one thing I can say is that we are very happy we upgraded at the GPR because the food and drinks at the Royal surpass the GPR. It was a great trip - rain and all!!!

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Porto Real vs. Royal PDC

What was approx daily cost for GPR room......what was cost of upgrade to use Royal facilities?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran Porto Real vs. Royal PDC

We got a great deal for the beach front walk out at RPDC and to be honest that room saved our vacation, it was off and on rain a lot and I loved not having to pack a beach bag, having our own bathroom, I never once used the RPDC pool bathroom, not that it's a big deal, but it WAS nice using my own potty, lol, and I was steps away when I rained and I could return to the beach or pool quickly. I usually went inside and ordered room service, or hopped in our jacuzzi when it rained. It worked out PEREFCT for us, and I really didn't mind the rain, plus we had our own beach bed for the showers. Glad you had a great vacation like we did! We can't wait to go back!

BTW I would chose the Beachfront walkout with RPDC privileges over the Ocean view room at RPDC. We had a O/V there once and while affordable, once you upgrade, it's hard to downgrade, lol !

Edited: 16 September 2013, 00:29
WV
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gran Porto Real vs. Royal PDC

I'm really not sure of the exact cost of our room at the GPR. When we booked through Expedia, it included airfare, so I don't know the breakdown for each. We originally had a Junior Suite Oceanfront booked, and when we checked in they asked if we wanted to upgrade to the beachfront walk out with Royal privileges. They said it would normally cost $100 per night, but they were offering a 50% discount - so only $50 a night. We bit and are glad we did!!!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Gran Porto Real vs. Royal PDC

We originally booked an O/V suite at RPDC and paid $120/night for the walkout. They also were charging $50 for ocean fronts next to the construction 7am-6pm.

7. Re: Gran Porto Real vs. Royal PDC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2014, 06:19