We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

whats the weather like today

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
whats the weather like today

hi whats the weather like today im looking at akumal webcam and it looks horrible be arriving in 3 weeks hope we have some sun lol

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
831 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: whats the weather like today

I just did the exact same thing, but we arrive Saturday so have less time for it to clear up! Can anyone recommend a decent site thats reliable for checking the weather?

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: whats the weather like today

hi hope it gets better for you where are you staying

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,324 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: whats the weather like today

Its the Rainy season here in the Tropics....Almost all sites will show 60% chance of rain every day...Its been a really wet Sept this year. Making up for last years drought I presume...

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,533 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: whats the weather like today

We are here at Secrets Maroma Beach and it has been overcast most of the day and we had a heavy shower of rain which lasted about 30 mins mid afternoon

We arrived last Thursday and it has been very mixed every day

Travelling at this time of the year always has its risks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: whats the weather like today

Sun mixed with rain and overcast an windy. Depends in time of day. Not great, but you're booked, so don't worry about it. Enjoy.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,135 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: whats the weather like today

Looks as we have a new depression (INVEST95) forming over this area - sorry guys but it likely means more rain

Here is Dr Jeff Master's blog

wunderground.com/hurricane/…invest-95L

An area of disturbed weather over the Western Caribbean will move over Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula and into the Southwestern Gulf of Mexico's Bay of Campeche by late this week. NHC gave the disturbance 5-day development odds of 20% in their 8 am EDT Monday Tropical Weather Outlook. Moisture from the disturbance is likely to stream northeastwards across the Yucatan Peninsula, Western Cuba, Florida, and the Western Bahamas during the period 7 - 14 days from now, bringing heavy rainfall.

Edited: 17 September 2013, 06:19
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
831 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: whats the weather like today

We are staying at the Iberostar Tucan. Yourself?

I can't pretend I aren't gutted. To be honest those sites really confuse me & all the terminology. I take it that it means we should expect a lot of rain next week?

Hazard, Kentucky
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: whats the weather like today

i leave in two weeks i hope it gets better

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,025 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: whats the weather like today

While it is in Spanish, the official Mexican weather site, Conagua, will show you what to expect for the next few days and that is ¨chubascos¨ or showers:

smn.cna.gob.mx/index.php…

Edited: 17 September 2013, 11:50
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,025 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: whats the weather like today

Sorry, the link didn´t work as I thought so you have to enter Playa del Carmen in the blank on the page I gave.