We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Active AI in Riviera Maya

Midland, Michigan
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Active AI in Riviera Maya

Heading to Mexico in early November for a few days and would like to find a fun, active AI. I've been to this area a couple of times but always on family vacations. This time it's adults only, and although the resort doesn't need to be adults only I would like someplace with a fun, partying atmosphere where you can play volleyball, listen to music and drink by the pool. Anywhere in the region is fine and price isn't a major consideration but I don't want a super high end resort and I'm looking for a more laid back atmosphere where I don't need to get dressed up for anything. Any suggestions?

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
5,001 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Active AI in Riviera Maya

Royal Playa Del Carmen will fit the bill just fine. Great location being right in Playa Del Carmen. This resort is amazing from the great level of service to the amazing food. It has all that you asked for and way more. Laid back if you want it and party atmosphere if you want it to. We are there againg from Nov 3-14 and back again on Dec 29-Jan 14th. Can't wait it truly is our home away from home !!

West Mifflin...
Level Contributor
352 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Active AI in Riviera Maya

Look into Secrets Silversands. Lots of day time activities and the bar area after the show at night is far more active than any other resort we have been to drinks and dancing until 1:00. Adults only which you mentioned isn't necessary but is always a bonus for us. Very modern though and the resort doesn't feel very Mexican but we still really liked it.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Active AI in Riviera Maya

I might be mistaken, but don't you have to get sort of dressed up for dinner, at both of these two places?

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
5,001 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Active AI in Riviera Maya

Nope the RPDC has relaxed its dress code and allows shorts at dinner now. the only formal dining is now Chef's Plate.

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Active AI in Riviera Maya

You have been given two great recommendations with RPDC and SSS. The former would be a good choice if you are interested in going to town for a night or more. The latter is a great place if you plan on staying on the resort.

You might also want to take a look at VIM - great nightlife there as well.

Midland, Michigan
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Active AI in Riviera Maya

Sorry, what is VIM?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,730 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Active AI in Riviera Maya

VIM = Valentin Imperial Maya

8. Re: Active AI in Riviera Maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2014, 05:17