We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandos Playacar drop in ratings

liverpool
Level Contributor
205 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Sandos Playacar drop in ratings

I have booked to go to Sandos next year but have noticed that it is falling down in the ratings on trip advisor it was 57 and is now 62. Reading the reviews I notice the a lot of the bad ones seem to dislike the food. This could be down to the type of food people are used to so anybody from the Uk been and how do they rate the food. Also anybody from Sandos worried about the slide down the ratings and have any plans to improve things. Hope it improves before I go next year.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandos Playacar drop in ratings

I wouldn't consider 57 to 62 to be a slide. The ratings do tend to swing back and forth a bit at all resorts. Ratings are very subjective and some even blame resorts for bad weather!

If you start worrying now, you're likely to drive yourself crazy. You're sure to enjoy yourself and the resort. Most people do! :)

liverpool
Level Contributor
205 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandos Playacar drop in ratings

Thanks I think i am going to give trip advisor a miss from now on and just go and enjoy myself next year.

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,453 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandos Playacar drop in ratings

If it's any consolation we stayed at El Dorado Seaside Suites on the Yucatan peninsula. It is ranked #1 of all hotels in Puerto Morelos and we thought it su--ked with a capital S. Goes to show that the only opinion that counts is yours. Go and enjoy yourself.

liverpool
Level Contributor
205 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandos Playacar drop in ratings

Yes I will I picked this resort because it has all he ameniies I wanted. Well I think that the food is bound to be loads better than the all inclusives in spain and I always love most of them.

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandos Playacar drop in ratings

I am going with my mother in november,

and I am sure we will have a wonderful time!!! I went through the same quandary with a resort in Jamaica, and had an amazing experience!

Edited: 26 September 2013, 01:40
Iowa
Level Contributor
3,395 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandos Playacar drop in ratings

One of my favorite resorts! Enjoy.

liverpool
Level Contributor
205 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandos Playacar drop in ratings

Thanks fell a lot beter know. I will just relax and look forward to my trip.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandos Playacar drop in ratings

You're sure to love it Suzanne. It has become our home away from home! :)

Campbell River...
Level Contributor
36 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandos Playacar drop in ratings

We have been there twice I have to admit the second time we went the food wasn't as good, the French restaurant by far is the best. With saying that we didn't go hungry the resort makes up for it totally, it's amazing! If your going to book any excursions do it at the little market down the road you will save big and a lot of people book from there! Enjoy you will love it!

liverpool
Level Contributor
205 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandos Playacar drop in ratings

Thanks I am looking forward to it even though its not till this time next year when my partner is 50.