We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Palace Mexico

birmingham,england
Level Contributor
342 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Palace Mexico

just back any questions??

Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,718 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Palace Mexico

nice

so whats the latest scoop on mens dress code for evening dinners?

birmingham,england
Level Contributor
342 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Palace Mexico

shirts or tee shirts with sleeves in the main buffet.

long trousers (pants) in some of the speciality restaurants. we never ate in any of them as we found the buffet food excellent.

one thing though. at the RPRM one 'lady' was wearing really short shorts and was told to dress properly and was refused entry to the buffet restaurant.

we had friends from Canada staying there that told us.

equality is kicking in lol

Toronto
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Palace Mexico

I'm going to Riu Palace Mexico October 16th... just curious how the ocean was... calm / clear / rocky etc... Any other information for a first time traveler to Riu Palace Mexico feel free to share :)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Palace Mexico

Beach is clear and free of rocks. Waves are up to God but most of time you have no problem swimming.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,786 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Palace Mexico

jph, someone on here or on Facebook mentioned about a month or so ago they'd been told by a www.riu.com rep that you could now eat dinner in the other Rius. Any news on that? I really doubt it but with the way Rius are changing things these days I guess anything is up for grabs. Did you have a good time?

birmingham,england
Level Contributor
342 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Palace Mexico

bob.

no you can't eat dinner at the other riu's still.

we had some friends at RPRM and had to leave to have dinner at our hotel.

I suppose if you were brave enough as the bracelets are the same colour and the only difference is the 3 letters on it, you could risk it.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,786 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Palace Mexico

Couple times we've had friends staying at RPRM while we were at RPM and they came down and had dinner with us. Wouldn't try to do it though with a la cartes without ok from someone. As they had also been to RPM before some of the waiters recognized them.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,718 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu Palace Mexico

your review is up. did they upgrade you to a suite? holy

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,786 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Riu Palace Mexico

Chris, 1127 is a Superior jr suite so upgraded from regular or garden view jr suite. Only thing wrong with that room is it's like many of the middle floor rooms, solid wall balcony.

birmingham,england
Level Contributor
342 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Riu Palace Mexico

I didn't mind the solid walls TBH.

I'm just about to put up pics.

the only thing we found about the room was the long walk from the lobby, although I do need the exercise and it was better than going to the gym lol.