We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pick a location, now need help with the hotel

MKE
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Pick a location, now need help with the hotel

We finally decided on going to PDC for new years. 12/30 - 1/8. Hoping to catch the start of the BPM festival.

Were 3 guys in our 20s. Wanted to stay at El Taj, but as its this late its all booked up.

Was hoping someone could give me suggestions that are close by but as nice and as young as El Taj.

Thanks!

PS I meant Picked not pick

Edited: 03 October 2013, 02:15
MKE
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pick a location, now need help with the hotel

bump

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
55 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pick a location, now need help with the hotel

If you're gonna be hitting the BPM you're probably not gonna be spending that much time in the hotel anyway! Just try and book anything that says it's close to 5th avenue and you'll be right in the heart of downtown! No need to worry about transportation or anything as it will all be walking distance!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,027 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pick a location, now need help with the hotel

Lots to choose from

Old Trav 3 can provide some great tips but look at El Tukan, Hacienda del Caribe

Huge list over in Top Questions

minneapolis, mn
Level Contributor
778 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pick a location, now need help with the hotel

New Years is a very popular time. If you find something you better book it.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pick a location, now need help with the hotel

Did you try VRBO? There are a lot of other condos; Luna Encantada, El Faro, Corto Maltes, Xanan Ha to name a few.

Ontario
Level Contributor
102 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pick a location, now need help with the hotel

If an all inclusive isn't critical, try some of the smaller hotels. Some rooms still available. We're heading there New Year's Eve.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pick a location, now need help with the hotel

True, if I was three guys :) I wouldn't care so much about AI. You get everything you need in a boutique hotel except meals. Three guys could have a good time exploring the different restaurants, bars :COCO BONGOS? and many more. Pools are cold (unheated) but beaches and beach clubs are hot! in many ways.

Ontario
Level Contributor
102 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pick a location, now need help with the hotel

We went to Playa about 5 years ago and stayed at a boutique hotel. We are most likely doing it again, definitely booking flights separate from accommodations. Lots of restaurants and street vendors and beer by the bottle from the convenience store. Walmart isn't far and beer and wine is cheaper still. Stash some in your fridge and grab a towel and head to the beach....gee, I'm getting excited!

9. Re: Pick a location, now need help with the hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2014, 05:17