We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mens Wedding band / ring found

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Mens Wedding band / ring found

I found a mans wedding band whilst snorkelling in the sea just outside the sandos caracal Eco resort and spa, it is a heavy gold band with a groove through the middle. It is engraved with 19-X-02 and a ladies name. I have it at home as there was not a lost property at the hotel that I could see, I would be very happy to return this to its owner!!

Kansas
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mens Wedding band / ring found

Nice to know there are still good people out there. Even if you did turn it into the hotel who knows if they would have done the right thing. Karma up for you!

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,156 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mens Wedding band / ring found

Is there a Facebook page for the hotel? Maybe post it there, but have claimants describe the ring to YOU?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mens Wedding band / ring found

And only Wee Gio knows the lady's name.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mens Wedding band / ring found

Yes they do have a FB page. That's a really good suggestion Desmei. It is monitored by Alex and I'm sure he'll let the front desk staff know. Hopefully the person who lost the ring had notified the resort before they left.

Kudos to you Wee! :)

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
5,420 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mens Wedding band / ring found

Good on Wee for wanting to return the ring. But given the surf, you may want to consider the fact that the person that lost it could have been staying at just about any hotel, or at least one a kilometer in either direction of where you found it. Things in the surf don't stay stationary..

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mens Wedding band / ring found

Oh, my heart just dropped. My husband lost his wedding band (40 years of marriage) off the balcony, 2 years ago at the Royal in Cancun. I was so hoping it could have been his. I still think it ended up in the large flower/plant container below us, but the resort said they never found it. Even had another TA member ask and have a look when he went just a short time after us. I hope the one you found gets reunited with it's owner.

Level Contributor
74 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mens Wedding band / ring found

Please let us know if u find the owner. Love stories like this.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mens Wedding band / ring found

I had thought about the waves carrying it which is why I thought trip advisor was the best place to put it! I hope someone does claim it, it had been in the sea for a wee while I think, but not to long as it's all cleaned up now!! I've put it on my fb page too so fingers crossed!!

Sycamore, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,860 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mens Wedding band / ring found

It is so nice to KNOW that there are still some truly honest people in this world.May God Bless you..

Jon

Scotland
Level Contributor
155 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mens Wedding band / ring found

Good on you WeeGio, this has fair cheered me up today. It is a bit of a long shot as the person who owned the ring could have been from any country in the world and staying at any resort too which makes it hard to narrow down. Unless both first and surname are engraved, I doubt you could find out much from an internet search, However, there are some good lost and found websites which let you post details about found items from around the world online. Maybe someone will be out there looking for it. Having had a quick look, it's amazing just how many people lose rings in the water. Good luck!