We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would u feel comfortable?

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Would u feel comfortable?

Would u feel comfortable...sending this to the resort?

I really want the upgrade but sending copies of credit card?

Would we be asking for trouble?

"The room will be Preferred Club Tropical View, the buildings Preferred are 1 until 6, we cannot guarantee building and room number, but I can put the request on the reservation and front desk will do the best for assignment. For guarantee the upgrade with this special discount, the customer need to reserve and pay the total amount before the arrival date, I’m sending the authorization form, please send back with ID and credit card copy, both sides, same signature.

Please if you have any question don’t hesitate to contact me."

This was the answer I got to upgrade. Anyone have thoughts?

Thanks

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,523 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Would u feel comfortable?

Yes

Floyds Knobs...
Level Contributor
805 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Would u feel comfortable?

Yes.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,780 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Would u feel comfortable?

Out of interest what was your e_mail to them and what room type have you booked???

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
803 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Would u feel comfortable?

Yes.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Would u feel comfortable?

Sounds too risky to me. I'd just try for the upgrade once we arrived.

6. Re: Would u feel comfortable?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 05 October 2013, 22:46
up north
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Would u feel comfortable?

how did you make your initial reservations?

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
470 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Would u feel comfortable?

I've used citibank to generate those temporary card numbers with a max authorization amount before for cases like this. Still, I don't send via email, I'd rather call and pay the phone charges. Email is insecure, you don't know all the servers it goes through to get to its destination, or what the security policies are of the hotel. These days, you should consider email to be like sending a postcard through the mail.

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,263 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Would u feel comfortable?

I would be fine with it...however I am very careful about reviewing all charges on my credit cards (which I would highly recommend if you do this).

If you are uncomfortable, maybe you should ask if you could call with the credit card information, then send the authorization form with only the last four numbers included and tell them that you will sign the reciept when you check in if needed.

niagara falls...
Level Contributor
370 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Would u feel comfortable?

Hi,

I'm a Hotel front desk mgr.

We follow the same procedures if someone requests to pay for a room as a gift for a third party.

Just request an email receipt showing the exact amount charged.

B