We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach section Riu Palace Mexico

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,549 posts
231 reviews
Save Topic
Beach section Riu Palace Mexico

is it a private section in front of the hotel for the guests of this section only ?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach section Riu Palace Mexico

not near the water but farther back by the palms trees but it is very large beach.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,549 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach section Riu Palace Mexico

the palms trees is the private section,right?

Hollis, NH
Level Contributor
227 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach section Riu Palace Mexico

Yes...I believe the area behind the gate is private property and where the palm trees are belonging to the hotel

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,549 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach section Riu Palace Mexico

thanks its exactly what i need to know

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,805 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach section Riu Palace Mexico

As you're walking towards the beach there is a section of lounges under the palm trees and to the right that are reserved for guests of the Riu Tequila as well. The beige coloured lounges are for RPM guests, green (I think) for Tequila. RPM guests could also use them. Once you get past the Playacar resorts' property lines, lounges may be somewhat closer to the sea still, the beach is totally public. That's why you can walk the beach for kms. You'll also generally see in front of the resorts a marker that you can't put your lounge any closer to the water. The heavily armed beach police (don't be shocked when you see them and their weapons) driving by on their quads will speak to the resorts if they see lounges too far out.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,549 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach section Riu Palace Mexico

thanks bobfrombc

i just bought our trip the 2 first weeks of december !!!!

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,805 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach section Riu Palace Mexico

That's when we've usually gone to RPM the past 10 years moineauQc, it can be fantastic weather then. or sometimes not. lol

birmingham,england
Level Contributor
345 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach section Riu Palace Mexico

bob

I think the tequila loungers are now blue, I saw the quad bikes once, quite scary if you don't expect them, but, as we stopped to let them pass they said gracias,

I wasn't going to argue with a cop with a gun anyway lol

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,805 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach section Riu Palace Mexico

jph, maybe the Yucatan got new ones with the renos and their old ones moved over. Most of the time we didn't see them with firearms but a couple of times, oh yeah! And they kept looking in towards the resorts and we were trying to figure out what they were looking for. Probably topless. lol

10. Re: Beach section Riu Palace Mexico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2014, 06:20