We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few questions about the Riu palace Mexico

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
231 reviews
Save Topic
A few questions about the Riu palace Mexico

im gonna be there the 1st of december for 14 days .

Is it hard to get a reservation @ la carte ,we need to be there early right, at what time ?

Which restaurants @ la carte are the best,Krystal looks amazing ?

Which nights are a Special nights at the buffet and what is the themes ?

What is exactly the 24 hours Lounge,what is available there ?

Capuchino bar is it 24hrs and what is available exactly there?

if we want to playing Billards we need to go absolutely to another Riu at a sports bar ,which Riu ?

Best place for lunch on the site ?

Thanks to all of you!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
528 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A few questions about the Riu palace Mexico

Just a suggestion, why not use the search area above your question... There are lots of threads with this information. GL

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,811 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A few questions about the Riu palace Mexico

We liked Krystal and the Japanese best. Mexican and Italian didn't impress us. But over 10 years we at most of our meals at the buffet.

Theme night every night at the buffet ie Caribbean, Oriental, Mexican, Chef's Gala, Italian, Mediterannean, Chef's Special and others from time to time.

24 hour lounge - open for snacks, beverages, several tvs

Billiard tables ($) at Tequila and Riu Palace Rivera maya

Guacamole restaurant by the pools for lunch. When we were there they opened up Mexican for lunch as well but I don't think anyone was using it. They also have bbqs and lunch parties around the pool or at the beach, weather permitting.

Come on Wayne, start typing. lol I use "search" occasionally but it can be kind of frustrating at times.

Edited: 15 October 2013, 15:27
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
528 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A few questions about the Riu palace Mexico

Got busy Bob so didn't have much time to respond. LOL. A little birdie PM'ed me about January. All the drinks go on your tab.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,992 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A few questions about the Riu palace Mexico

Bob, Golfnutt and myself are charging all drinks on your account at the RPM.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,811 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A few questions about the Riu palace Mexico

No problem swami and Golfnutt. Unfortunately for you I no longer have a tab to run there. Wish you were going in March and we'd wander down and get you to buy us drinks. lol You'd have to take your wristbands off to visit us. lol

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,992 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A few questions about the Riu palace Mexico

Damn I will go thirsty all week.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,730 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A few questions about the Riu palace Mexico

bob...riu still knows where you live so im sure we can get a bill sent to ya!

Bryans Road
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A few questions about the Riu palace Mexico

We like the steakhouse, have had some very good ribeyes there over the years. The dinner buffet is always diverse and very dependable in terms of quality.

My personal fav is the bfast buffet! We just booked a couple weeks in Feb 2014. Can't wait! Love the staff there! Don't forget to check out neighboring RIUs for lunch buffets or cocktails. We enjoy the open lobby at the Playacar for post dinner drinks. Have a great vaca!

Bryans Road
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A few questions about the Riu palace Mexico

We like the steakhouse, have had some very good ribeyes there over the years. The dinner buffet is always diverse and very dependable in terms of quality.

My personal fav is the bfast buffet! We just booked a couple weeks in Feb 2014. Can't wait! Love the staff there! Don't forget to check out neighboring RIUs for lunch buffets or cocktails. We enjoy the open lobby at the Playacar for post dinner drinks. Have a great vaca!

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,811 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A few questions about the Riu palace Mexico

No Chris, changed my name, address, phone, email. They'll never find us. lol Was just in touch with our friend down there, you all probably know who, and he said he'd meet us at the RH, don't think he wanted us to try to sneak in via the beach. Resort will probably have extra security stationed there when we're in the area. I figure if our daughter can wander in off the beach looking for us, knock on our door two different times, walked around the pools, courtyard, up to reception a couple of times and nobody ever questioned her then we can. As we know so many of the staff they'll just figure we're staying there. lol