We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for 20 somethings

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for 20 somethings

Looking into Riviera Maya for June 2014. I've been to Mexico once before, but traveled to Cabo so I am not very familiar wil the area. There will be a few of us (26-28) looking for something upper-mid-range. I am traveling to the Melia in Punta Cana next month, so something along those lines. I was looking at the Now's in Puerto Morelos and some of the Iberostars at Playa Paraiso. Looking to keep it under $1500 pp for 7 nights. Any suggestions?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,885 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for 20 somethings

Take a look at the Riu resorts. Resorts are within walking distance to Playa or $7 US taxi.

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,570 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for 20 somethings

Take a look at Secrets Silversands - many 20 somethings both times we were there and having a blast. SSS remains the most fun resort for us.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for 20 somethings

Thanks Jeff. Secrets Silversands looks great. Price seems aroudn where I want to be too.

Stayed at RIU in Cabo and wasn't very impressed.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,679 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for 20 somethings

If you're interested in being in town I highly recommend The Royal Playa Del Carmen, it's steps away from 5th Avenue and is a great adults only option. We love the food there and the service is outstanding. Many people dismiss it for being a "loud/party" resort but I don't think it is. It's lively with entertainment options but also has plenty of areas to unwind and relax without the music & pool activities. We paid $1300/pp for 7 nights this past July for the oceanview room, we felt like it was a great deal considering the top shelf alcohol, 24-hour room service, etc.

We've also looked into Sexrets Silversands based on the "vibe" others report. Never been there but it looks like a great resort.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions for 20 somethings

....was that a Freudian slip Kelly? Sorry, couldn't resist! Thanks for my chuckle of the day. :)

And yes I agree that RPDC is a great choice for the twentysomethings!

Edited: 29 October 2013, 19:12
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,679 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions for 20 somethings

HA I just saw it! I had to re-read it a few times...it has been a long day and my husband did mention opening some bubbly tonight so maybe it was!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions for 20 somethings

Thanks Kelli! I still have some time to plan so I'll definitely be doing some research :)

Danville, California
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestions for 20 somethings

The beach at the royal playa del carmen is small and very crowded so if you are beach people you might want to look elsewhere

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Suggestions for 20 somethings

Have considered renting a condo? It's off season then, and for not much more than $1500 you could get a 2 bedroom 2 bath condo. How many of you are there?

ireland
Level Contributor
720 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Suggestions for 20 somethings

Why go all insluvie there are tons of great restraunt and bars in playa del carmen with lots to do why pay all that money to stay in a resort.