We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Searching for an AI to fit the wants of our group friends..

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
530 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Searching for an AI to fit the wants of our group friends..

I am trying to narrow down a few hotels that would be best suited for our group of friends. A few things we are looking for is..

-great food

-top shelf liquor

-Proximity to town

-a lively atmosphere yet not too crazy

-swimmable beach (but not too important)

-mid range in price.. not too high end.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

We have stood at a few Riu's and loved them but we are thinking of changing it up this year.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Searching for an AI to fit the wants of our group friends..

Closest to town are RPDC which is high end and adult only and their sister resort GPR which is mid range and family friendly. Not quite sure about top shelf liquor at GPR, I did remember seeing Smirnoff when we walked over from RPDC to grab a drink. If you stay at RPDC you can use the facilities of GPR but not the other way around. BUT if you book a higher category room at GPR you have full access to the facilities of RPDC. Both resorts are lively, young and fun and I highly recommend them both. Food and service is also fantastic here.

Further away I would recommend the resorts in Playacar. I have stayed at RPM and the crowd at the time we went were on the older side, 50+ and too quiet, yet we felt out of place at the Riu Tequila with all the 20 year olds, lol. If you aren't interested in a RIU again, maybe look into the Iberostars or Sandos, they are mid range resorts, but personally would rather stay at a RIU or try GPR. Good luck in your search!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Searching for an AI to fit the wants of our group friends..

I agree with tweetybird's recommendations and just to add, we stayed at the Sandos Playacar and it would fit your requests, however, we found the food was just average. I'm going to the Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal at the end of April (taking my three daughters who are in their 20s) - would've loved to go to the RPDC but not within the budget. I thought Iberostar looked great - hopefully the food will be better than the Sandos.

3. Re: Searching for an AI to fit the wants of our group friends..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2014, 03:16