We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calle Corozon destruction has started :-(

Vancouver
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Calle Corozon destruction has started :-(

I've posted a photo to my facebook page "Playa Addicts Inc." Thanks to Monica at Latido de Mexico for the photo. It's a sad day. Playa is changing, not all for the best.

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,805 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calle Corozon destruction has started :-(

Is Sur's and the other shops north of Calle Corozon being left alone?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Calle Corozon destruction has started :-(

If you look at my photo OT3, Sur's is part of the destruction, as is the Caravan store. This is very very sad. You don't have to be a member of Facebook to view it, just go into your search engine and search Playa Addicts Inc. and it will come up. It should be the second photo from the top.

Canada
Level Contributor
5,422 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Calle Corozon destruction has started :-(

Is it right that this is going to now be a condo development? or just re-newed shopping?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Calle Corozon destruction has started :-(

I've heard it is a new condo development with shopping, of course, on ground level. Let's hope that they don't destroy all the beautiful trees as well.

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,805 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Calle Corozon destruction has started :-(

Thanks for the link mexicojan, great pics. Except for the shot of Sur's behind the construction fence, how sad. We have had so many great meals in that place, great memories. Ditto with John Grays and Lateral. Why don't they tear down the flea market down by 1 Sur thru 4 Calle?

I was hoping to get down in November to play a little golf, but my wife can't get away from work. She won't let me go alone, what's up with that?

Sayulita, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,640 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Calle Corozon destruction has started :-(

I remember when mexicojan went total rampage with me because i told about the negatively development in PDC.Now she finally agrees what was talked in my post about PDC.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,381 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Calle Corozon destruction has started :-(

This article might be of interest to those with interest in Calle Corozon. Several groups are calling for the preservation of the trees. According to the article, officials are claiming some of the trees will be relocating but it is being noted that some, such the flamboyant, cannot survive the transplanting. To me another likely example of what often happens in this area--officials talk protecting the ecology but really do little.

sipse.com/novedades/piden-preservacion-de-ar…

Sayulita, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,640 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Calle Corozon destruction has started :-(

I think the deforestation of Puerto Morelos for the new Dragon Mart says it all.

Sayulita, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,640 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Calle Corozon destruction has started :-(

I think the deforestation of Puerto Morelos for the new Dragon Mart says it all.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Calle Corozon destruction has started :-(

Just because I'm sad about Calle Corozon doesn't mean I agree with your previous posts Brazilianswede!