We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best 5th Ave Food?

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
338 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Best 5th Ave Food?

Hi all, 4 adults in our late 30s looking for a nice ( not loud) restaurant on 5th Ave. our hotel is The Royal PDC so close would be great. We all love seafood!!

Thanks.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,626 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best 5th Ave Food?

When I was in Playa last summer I asked a similar question. Here is the thread

tripadvisor.com/…50837944

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
523 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best 5th Ave Food?

Aguachiles for cheap seafood tacos and Imprevist for higher end...both super close.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,682 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best 5th Ave Food?

I know this isn't an answer to the direct question you asked but make sure you try the tempura shrimp dish at Asiana's...try to find Daniel and have him order it for you. I asked for it slightly spicy and it was one of the best shrimp dishes I've ever had. That says a lot since I grew up on the gulf and could eat my weight in seafood. The coconut shrimp at Pelicano's for dinner is also amazing. I never got to try the stuffed calimari at El Mediteraneo but it looked divine.

My husband hates seafood so I make it a personal mission to eat as much of it as I can while on vacation. I was in heaven at the Royal this year!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
5,420 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best 5th Ave Food?

Curious minds want to know - why the 5th Ave. prerequisite?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
1,584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best 5th Ave Food?

I second Los Aguachiles but I would go for lunch there, it's just up the street from RPDC. Fantastic fresh ceviche and other seafoods. Then my dinner recommendation would also be Imprevist. Imprevist is the best restaurant in PdC in my opinion.

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best 5th Ave Food?

I agree with Mexicojan...Aguachiles for lunch and Imprevist for dinner (the sea bass and seafood risotto are fantastic). El Pirata is another great local restaurant for fresh & inexpensive seafood (lunch) but not fancy at all. For a nice dinner, I would also suggest Como Como on 5th between 38th & 40th streets (the octopus appetizer is amazing)!

Enjoy your vacation!

Best

Cassie

http://agirlandhergopro.blogspot.mx/

A Travel & Lifestyle Blog | PDC, Mexico

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,531 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best 5th Ave Food?

This is a good list of Playa restaurants with reviews.

playa.info/playa-del-carmen-forum/58170-new-…

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,531 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best 5th Ave Food?

Sorry...I posted the old one, here is the 2013 one:

playa.info/playa-del-carmen-forum/70229-fina…

North Syracuse, New...
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best 5th Ave Food?

I would recommend a short walk down the beach to the hotel Playa Maya for their world class coconut shrimp!

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,643 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best 5th Ave Food?

Dinner on 5th Avenue? Imprevist is still number 1 for me, but it's not on 5th but 1st. It's just a block and a half south of the RPDC front door. But on 5th, you can't go wrong with Madre Tierra (14 Calle) or Da Vino's Glass Bar (12 Calle). Sur's was always special. but they have moved around the corner to 10 Calle while their old spot is being recreated. Yaxche's up on 22 Calle offers a Mayan cuisine, fish wrapped in banana leaves and rubbed with achiote paste, oooh. As luck would have it, all restaurants in Playa have menus posted out front in both English and Spanish, Canadians are on their own:-))) Part of the fun is wandering up and down Playa and checking out all the restaurants. Across the street from Madre Tierra is Aldea Corozon. Don't let the entrance fool you, the majority of the restaurant is set in a cenote with a waterfall, wonderful food. Everybody has fish, Playa use to be a fishing village.