We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help us find a jewel near PDC

lake erie ohio
Level Contributor
949 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Help us find a jewel near PDC

Hoping someone on this board can help! We travel to Cozumel every year and 8-9 yrs ago we discovered a special out of the way little B&B right on a cove (possibly half moon bay?).It was between PDC and Tulum on right side traveling south. We had to park and then walk thru a small jungle area with birds and wildlife which then opened to a fantastic beach area with dining tables in the sand. Probably no more than 6-8 little open air cabanas which were beautiful yet primitive. They served drinks and meals and we are unable to rediscover as we can't remember how to find it. Any ideas?? Thx. Sue

Mentioned in this post
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
13,125 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help us find a jewel near PDC

OMG, it sounds like you are going to have to change your handle to Oldlakeeriebeachbums:-) My kids hung out at that beach recently. I will check with them. It did sound remote and too quiet for my liking. As a result I can't remember the name, but I don't think it was Half Moon Bay. Are you saying the cabanas were on the west side of hwy 307?

Mentioned in this post
Half Moon Bay
Half Moon Bay
461 Reviews
Akumal, Mexico
lake erie ohio
Level Contributor
949 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help us find a jewel near PDC

Yes OldTraveler! west side of 307 and hidden by jungle! Let us know if you think of the name as we will be on Coz for 5 wks this winter and wd like to revisit several places! Yep feeling that "old" beach bums but still not actin it! Thx! Sue

Bryans Road
Level Contributor
4,640 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help us find a jewel near PDC

Confused, a beach on the west side of 307?? Was this a cenote "beach"?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
46,249 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help us find a jewel near PDC

I was wondering the same, DL. That sounds like a man made beach and man made ocean!1

Canada
Level Contributor
5,939 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help us find a jewel near PDC

was it more of a eating place, the only thing I can think of is Oscar & Lalo Restaurant, Bar & Grill . The west side of the highway has me confused though as that's the inland side of the highway , so unsure how it could be on a cove.

Canada
Level Contributor
5,939 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help us find a jewel near PDC

or maybe Blue Venado , but that's on the ocean side of the highway.

7. Re: Help us find a jewel near PDC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2014, 06:18