We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Azul Beach vs El Dorado Maroma

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Azul Beach vs El Dorado Maroma

If anyone has been to both of there's resorts we would love comparisons. My husband and I have been to Azul Beach 6 times and we love it there because of the wonderful staff, small resort environment, personal service, and ability to walk for miles on the beach. We are trying to decide if we should try El Dorado Maroma as it is couples only and may be more romantic. Any feedback will be helpful!

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,830 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Azul Beach vs El Dorado Maroma

Adults only versus family friendly is a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned.

Whilst it's splitting hairs to a certain extent, adult only doesn't necessarily mean couples only. You may get a few "girl's getaway" groups but they're usually very laid back and chilled and NOT looking to party, so you don't need to worry about them having a detrimental effect on the romantic atmosphere.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Azul Beach vs El Dorado Maroma

EDM has a much nicer beach than Azul, wide and uncrowded.

It is one of our favorite resorts in the RM.

3. Re: Azul Beach vs El Dorado Maroma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2014, 05:16