We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Palace Riviera Maya

Boston...
Level Contributor
13 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Palace Riviera Maya

I am heading down January 6th with my girlfriend for a week. I have stayed at Iberostars in the past. Is this a similar experience? Looking for a room closer to the ocean facing the pool area. Does anyone know the room chart or what to request?

Newport House Playa del Carmen
Newport House Playa del Carmen
#2 of 218 hotels in Playa del Carmen
Petit Lafitte
Petit Lafitte
#6 of 218 hotels in Playa del Carmen
Fairmont Mayakoba
Fairmont Mayakoba
#9 of 218 hotels in Playa del Carmen
Portsmouth, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen, Akumal
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Palace Riviera Maya

Check the riubambu.com web site for information and maps.

Bayville, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Palace Riviera Maya

Yes, you can look at a map of the hotel on riubambu.com. If you want to be sure you get a room facing the courtyard you'll have to book a superior junior suite. The hotel is shaped like a U and the standard junior suites are on the outside of the U.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,843 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Palace Riviera Maya

The map's not always the easiest thing to find on riubambu so here it is: riubambu.com/RIU_WEB_PAGES/… Look on the specific resort's page and under "Additional Information". There are maps of many of the Rius. Don't forget to join the discussion board, lots of members visiting the Playacar Rius.

Mentioned in this post
Playacar Palace
Playacar Palace
271 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Boston...
Level Contributor
13 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Palace Riviera Maya

I appreciate the information. Which rooms did you stay in? Was it worth the upgrade? How was your experience? Any tips on where to eat at the hotel? I have been there before and know the excursions that are available.

Bayville, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Palace Riviera Maya

We stayed at RPRM four times since 2010. We will be going back again in May. I remember three of the four rooms we stayed in 2057, 2105 and 2115. If you look up my reviews you will see some pictures I took from the balcony. All the rooms were top floor close to the beach and pool. It's hard to see the beach from any of the rooms because there are so many palm trees blocking the view. Send them an email about a week before you go and request a room close to ocean/pool. Sometimes I hear back from them and sometimes they don't reply but they make a note on the reservation of our request. Like I said, if you are upgrading to Sup jr suite you are guaranteed a courtyard view. If you booked the standard, you might get a free upgrade but it's not a guarantee. We always book the superior because the view is important to me. I love to sit out on the balcony and people watch with a drink before we go to dinner. We always go for nine days and have always got the sup room for about $50-$75 more for the trip. I don't know who you booked with, but if the view is important to you, check how much the upgrade would cost. Have a great time! We love it there and can't wait to go back. Any other questions, I'd be happy to help.

6. Re: Riu Palace Riviera Maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2014, 05:18