We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In-room Liquor Dispensers @ Riu Palace Mexico?

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
221 reviews
Save Topic
In-room Liquor Dispensers @ Riu Palace Mexico?

I just found that is it really true?

A trademark of Riu Resorts is the ingenious in-room liquor dispenser! Offering a variety of four different liquors, the dispenser is restocked daily. If you would like to replace a certain type of liquor with one more to your liking, just advise the front desk! In Mexico, the dispensers typically offer two types of tequila, vodka & rum. If you would prefer gin, bourbon, etc. - just ask!

I would like to switch one bottle for a bottle of Gin,they provide Tonic water in the fridge ?

Please let me know ,im gonna be there next Sunday for 2 weeks,we're really excited!

Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
524 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In-room Liquor Dispensers @ Riu Palace Mexico?

There should be no problem switching out one bottle from the dispenser for Gin. The same goes for the tonic. The RPM is extremely accomodating with guests requests. I know they have gin at the lobby and pool bars, but don't know if there are small bottles. If they don't , there is a small plaza just down the street where you can get some.

( Turn right when leaving the hotel, few minutes walk ).

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,804 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In-room Liquor Dispensers @ Riu Palace Mexico?

For all the 10 times we've been there the dispenser had Jose Cuervo tequila, Bacardi White, Smirnoff vodka and Presidente brandy. They carry Beefeater gin at the resort, just ask for it to be exchanged for one of the above. And they do have tonic in the fridge. We rarely used the dispenser liquors but often asked for a bottle of champagne or rose wine to be sent to the room. And they leave lots of water, large and small bottles, in the fridge. There's also Dos Equis, Pepsi, 7UP (or equivalent), orange sodas and soda water in fridge.

Edited: 24 November 2013, 15:28
Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In-room Liquor Dispensers @ Riu Palace Mexico?

Tank you very much.Can we order Sparkling wine or regular wine with the room service?

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,804 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In-room Liquor Dispensers @ Riu Palace Mexico?

We've always asked the maitre d' (Paco) or one of his two assistants, or the Beverage Manager (Patricio).

birmingham,england
Level Contributor
345 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: In-room Liquor Dispensers @ Riu Palace Mexico?

yes they leave tonic water in the fridge, if you require more, just see the guy that refills the fridge or again take a can or two from the 24 hour lounge,

sounds like i have a drink problem, but in fact i don't drink any more..

i don't drink any less either, but there ya go lol

6. Re: In-room Liquor Dispensers @ Riu Palace Mexico?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2014, 05:16