We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I find a high speed internet connection?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Where can I find a high speed internet connection?

I need a high speed internet connection for one of the days I'm in town for work(stock trading). I'm pretty sure the hotel's wifi will be to slow(staying at grab porto real). I need at least 5mb of speed and I don't think I can tether a 4G/lte connection. Would prefer around 15-20mb, but I'll be realistic.

thanks!

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,677 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can I find a high speed internet connection?

I sense doom Mrwonka. It's Mexico. I can just see the expression on the Mexican workers faces as you pose the question. All of them will forget how to speak English. They won't acknowledge your Spanglish. When it rains in Playa all the routers seem to go down. Doom.

Playa del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
8,522 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can I find a high speed internet connection?

LLOL

OT3 knows his stuff!

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can I find a high speed internet connection?

Haha I'm in agreement with OT! In my opinion though your best bet will be either Starbucks or Ah Cacao Coffee shops. I'm not sure their speed of wifi but lots of people work from these locations without much interruption.

Hope this helps!

Best

Cassie

http://agirlandhergopro.blogspot.mx/

A Travel & Lifestyle Blog | PDC, Mexico

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,294 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where can I find a high speed internet connection?

Agree with a the above. According to Telmex, they offer world class, high speed service. But I haven´t found where that may be. Certainly not at my house! Maybe Carlos Slim has it at his house!

Edited: 27 November 2013, 15:47
Floyds Knobs...
Level Contributor
807 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where can I find a high speed internet connection?

Your best bet might be having someone sit in on a skype session and use their internet while you give instructions. Or it may be possible to remote desktop to your home or work computer for faster speeds but I recommend being familiar with the process and I am not sure how that would translate for stock trading. We use it for files while on vacation though.

6. Re: Where can I find a high speed internet connection?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2014, 06:19