We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal WiFi

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Topic
Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal WiFi

Does Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal have any free WiFi? I wouldn't need it for a laptop or anything just to check facebook, twitter, etc. on my phone. Even if the WiFi isn't provided by the hotel are there any spots where you can get free WiFi?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal WiFi

They have wifi in the lobby only and it's not free. When I stayed there, it was $10/day. There is a Starbucks in the Playacar mall, not far away. Buy something and you can get wifi there. That's what I did every day!

Edited: 05 December 2013, 05:39
Cannock, UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal WiFi

In recent reviews someone mentioned that WiFi is now widely available with strong reception in rooms as well. Not sure abour price. Hopefully it's true, I'm going to this hotel in March.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal WiFi

Wi-fi is now available in rooms (used to be just lobby area) but it is chargeable. However, you can pick the free wi-fi from Sandos resort if you stand on the IB Tucan outer path where the beach starts (near recycle bin). Lots of people, including my teenage daughter, would stand and Facebook/ Skype.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal WiFi

Just got back a week ago. it cost $37 US for the week. The signal was strong throughout the rooms and resort. Too bad it's not included - I think it's way too expensive.

Marblehead...
Level Contributor
180 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal WiFi

Is that $37 just for one device? Meaning just my phone? I don't know how they'd control that but I am trying to wrap my micromanaging head around the situation before I go----- I would like to think I could take the week and be happy completely unplugged with my teens but I'd be lying

Robbinsville, New...
Level Contributor
143 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal WiFi

How does the wifi work, is it just a password, because in DR. They gave me a password at the desk no charge all week..

2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal WiFi

Are you positive that there is wi fi in the rooms at tucan? I am going tomorrow to tucan and have homework I need to get done while there and need the wi fi!

2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal WiFi

Are you positive that there is wi fi in the rooms at tucan? I am going tomorrow to tucan and have homework I need to get done while there and need the wi fi!

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal WiFi

Andrew K. Yes there is definitely Wi-fi in the rooms - it also states this on their website www.iberostar.com. Have a great hol & don't work too hard :)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal WiFi

We paid for the wi-fi (as mentioned $37 per device for the week) and it worked perfect in all locations of the resort (including our room). Have fun!