We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked with expedia

Creston, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Booked with expedia

Hi there first time using expedia to book an all inclusive maybe this isn't the right place to ask but when u book with a company for all inclusive it will tell u how many al carte dinners you get. So I guess the question would be do u get al carte dinners when booking thru expedia? Thanks!

WV
Level Contributor
3,533 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booked with expedia

Not usually, you need to go to the resort website to see how many. Where are you staying? If it is an all inclusive resort, you will get whatever your room category allows.

Edited: 08 December 2013, 19:58
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booked with expedia

Expedia usually has a description of what is included with the resort, so you can start there by reading through each section. They also have a disclaimer stating they received the information from the resort and if anything is wrong, it's not their fault. So, the next step would be to go directly to the resort's website and read their policy. I usually do this before booking just in case there is a descrepency. You can also email the resort and ask them directly.

Also, keep in mind, not all resorts have restrictions on their a la carte restaurants, so this may be the case with the one you booked. I think we've only been to a handful of resorts that allot restaurants depending on the amount of days you are staying. Others we were able to come and go as long as there were seatings, or after making a reservation.

What's the resort you booked? Maybe someone here has just recently returned and can give you some information.

Ashley, Pa
Level Contributor
168 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booked with expedia

Please do yourself a favour & call or email the resort for your Expedia reservation. Also, print your reservation. Got to check because Expedia has some problems in the past.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booked with expedia

We've never had a problem with Expedia reservations and you should always print your paperwork out no matter whom you book with. There should be a hotel reservation number right on your paperwork, you need that when checking in. If you want to verify your reservation, email the resort about 10 days before arrival. Any sooner and they probably won't have your name in the system yet.

WV
Level Contributor
3,533 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booked with expedia

We have never had issue with Expedia either, but we do always make copies of our paperwork and follow up with the hotel in advance.

Creston, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Booked with expedia

We are staying at sandos caracol Eco resort in playa del carmen

Edited: 09 December 2013, 05:19
Chestermere
Level Contributor
160 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booked with expedia

Sandos is 3 al a cartes for a 1 week stay, we too book expedia and again you need to check the website of the hotel

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
973 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booked with expedia

We booked through Expedia this weekend Grand Riveria Princess. After I booked I was confused regarding the room type, because it wasn't listed on the website in the same name the resort uses. I called Expedia back and they couldn't clarify either. They suggested I call the resort. Which I did, the next morning, less than 24 hours after booking, and THEY DID have a record of our booking already. We are not travelling until November 2014. So I wouldn't hesitate to call the resort if you have any questions.!

9. Re: Booked with expedia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2014, 05:18