We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel

Branson, Missouri
Level Contributor
13 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel

I'm looking for a good place to stay in Playa in March for a week. Nothing too fancy but not rugged. Also, any opinions on all-inclusives?

Canada
Level Contributor
5,682 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel

Any price range?

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,591 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel

Yes, we need more info to suggest possible resorts. Budget, deal breakers for you? March, during spring break time is a busy time to visit as well.

Branson, Missouri
Level Contributor
13 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel

For AI $200 or less p/day....hotel only $125 or less. I really prefer the more authentic Mexico, not tourist traps. Stayed in downtown Cancun earlier this year and loved the people. Wanted to try Riviera Maya...looking for less congestion and wanted to visit Tulum and Belize. When is less congested time to visit?

Playa del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
8,830 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel

"When is less congested time to visit?"

Just about any time as compared to March. :-)

High season here is when it's cold up there, so starting around Christmas and running through mid-/late April. So not surprisingly this is when you'll also pay more.

You can still get periods outside those months when it's busy in this area, but it will generally be noticeably less busy at other times, and prices will be lower. This is particularly true of the period around Sep-Oct, when tourist traffic and thus also prices are at their lowest.

Steve

Branson, Missouri
Level Contributor
13 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel

Thanks, Steve. If I travel there in Sept-Oct, where would you recommend I stay?

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,591 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel

yes sept-oct will be less congested. Have you thought about non-all inclusive?

Branson, Missouri
Level Contributor
13 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel

Yes....sounds like that's the way to go....have been reading about La Tortuga...any thoughts?

up north
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel

March is a great time to go. Sept-oct is hurricane season. Hotel Adventura Mexicana is reasonably priced and get good reviews. PDC has hundreds of rental options in every price range. If you are looking for less congested, PDC may not be your town. Take a look at Akumal and Tulum

Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,400 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel

Hotel Adventura Mexicana was nice. It has an A-I option. The restaurant has very good food, very fresh. Puerto Morelos is very nice with, more like Playa was 20 years ago.

10. Re: Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2014, 06:17