We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Hideaway

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nj
Level Contributor
211 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Hideaway

is Royal Hideaway a quite resort. Was going to stay at Royal Grand but was worried about the construction and rumers it was turning over to a Hyatt also so i am a little worried booking for May

ny
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Hideaway

Royal Hideaway is a very special property that is situated in the gated community of Playacar. While it offers activities, it enjoys a mantra that every guest can do as much or as little as he/ she pleases. It generally draws guests who respect each other, and do not engage in rowdy behavior.

It is as quiet as you want it to be.

Stowe, Vermont
Level Contributor
7,084 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Hideaway

It is a very quiet resort. The most quiet resort I have visited.

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,096 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Hideaway

Yes, graveyard quiet.

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Hideaway

We just returned from Royal Hideaway. It was a return trip so we knew it was a quiet resort but we still found it surprising that at 100% occupancy we would be the only people in the bar having a martini before dinner and one of only a handful of people in the bar after dinner watching the nightly entertainment. We did meet a few very nice people but you should be ready to spend the week as a couple. This is what we wanted this vacation and it was perfect for us.

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,096 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Hideaway

Yes, that was my experience too Ontario. Even though on at least 1 of my 3 visits to RH they told us the resort was full, we never saw anyone in the evenings. We knew this going into it so were fine with it. I didn't mean my previous post as a negative; however for some I'm sure it would be. :)

ny
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Hideaway

Entertainment usually begins at Allegria ( bar under main staircase) at about 9:15.; therefore, if you happen to dine very early and arrive at Allegria prior to that time, you may find that you will have to wait for " entertainment" . Enjoy a drink whe you wait or catch an after dinner drink at Ventanas piano bar. Ernesto plays until about 9:15.

7. Re: Royal Hideaway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2014, 05:16