We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small hotels/resorts directly on beach near Play Del Carmen

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
173 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Small hotels/resorts directly on beach near Play Del Carmen

Hi All, I am looking for a relatively small hotel or resort with direct beach access. I saw this one: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150812-d739281… that I like very much. Can anyone recommend some others?

I like the idea of being right on the beach so that there are chairs and umbrellas to use rather than having to gather my things and walk a block or two.

Budget wise should be <$200/night. It's just myself and my husband doesn't need to be fancy or with happening night life. Thanks!

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
766 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Small hotels/resorts directly on beach near Play Del Carmen

Our wedding guests stayed at Las Palapas and Mahekal and had good things to say last year. Palmar del Sol Condos are a sister property of Las Palapas so you get beach chairs/access.

There are also El Taj condos but I don't love the beach that way.

Playa Palms, Playa Maya are beach front as well.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
1,843 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Small hotels/resorts directly on beach near Play Del Carmen

Check out Petite Lafitte just north of Playa. Nice spot on good beach with really good service. Quiet.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
173 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Small hotels/resorts directly on beach near Play Del Carmen

Thanks for the suggestions so far! Petite Lafitte was one I am considering! I'll look at the others mentioned too!

Also can be elsewhere in the Riviera Maya - Tulum for example would be fine but I know I posted here on the Playa Del Carmen forum :).

North Carolina
Level Contributor
295 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Small hotels/resorts directly on beach near Play Del Carmen

Playa Maya or Mahekal.

Have stayed at both with very good experiences.

baltimore
Level Contributor
3,183 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Small hotels/resorts directly on beach near Play Del Carmen

Playa maya or el taj

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
88 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Small hotels/resorts directly on beach near Play Del Carmen

We stayed at Mahekal in April and it has a very nice beach. You can also walk to 5th Avenue for shopping and restaurants. I think it's a very good location. It's not all inclusive - no drinks included. But it does include breakfast and either lunch or dinner which you specify each morning. Also there's no TV in the rooms.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Small hotels/resorts directly on beach near Play Del Carmen

We stayed at Mahekal with another couple and loved it and the location. Easy to walk to 5th ave for dinner. Eat breakfast and lunch at hotel, those are their best meals. Did Petit Lafitte the trip before and although very nice it was a bit too quiet and not close enough to town to walk.

up north
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Small hotels/resorts directly on beach near Play Del Carmen

All resorts mentioned are great, but none fit your budget of under 200 a night unless your looking at low season. When you pay 200 and then add tax and about 100 a day for food and drinks you can stay at a nice all-inclusive resort in Playacar on a beautiful beach. Playacar is just the south end of town and is where most of the resorts are located.

baltimore
Level Contributor
3,183 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Small hotels/resorts directly on beach near Play Del Carmen

Playa maya is less then $200 a night.

10. Re: Small hotels/resorts directly on beach near Play Del Carmen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2014, 05:17