We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meeting spot at Cancun airport

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
339 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Meeting spot at Cancun airport

I know this question was asked a couple years ago but I was unable to bump the old post. Anyhow, we need to wait for an hour or so for some friends at the airport--we're all flying in to terminal 3. Can anyone suggest a bar or restaurant as a meeting point? We're always so anxious to get to our hotel that we've never paid too much attention to shops or restaurants in the airport.

Thanks!

Amy

Cancun
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meeting spot at Cancun airport

There is Starbucks in Terminal 3 departures ... if an hour long waiting you might want to get into air/c

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
5,420 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meeting spot at Cancun airport

The best place to meet others when on different flights is at your resort, when you're all staying at the same place that is. When you consider the fact that your flight may be delayed, their flight may be delayed, of both of your flights may be delayed, it just makes sense to meet at your destination. Never hang out at airports ;)

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,514 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meeting spot at Cancun airport

Another point-you are basically taken to immigration and then you proceed to pick up your baggage and go through customs. I don't know how or if you could backtrack into the airport. You are not departing. You are arriving. That only leaves the outside bar unless someone knows something that I don't.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
5,420 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meeting spot at Cancun airport

And do you know the cost of those airport beverages?? Run away!!

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,192 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meeting spot at Cancun airport

entertainment-plus.net/affiliates/…

" Terminal 3

As you exit the airport at Terminal 3, you will see all the greeters with signs in front of you. To the right is the Coconuts Welcome Bar (more like a snack shop) and to the left is the Meeting Point (more like an outdoor lounge). The Berry Hill Baja Grill is to the left also and services the Meeting Point."

1000-1030 position as you exit the terminal building.

Cancun
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meeting spot at Cancun airport

Cp_pilot, why would you post "affiliation" link with your affiliated ID?

" entertainment-plus.net/affiliates.."

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
339 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Meeting spot at Cancun airport

Thanks, everyone. @co pilot, I've noticed the outdoor bar to the right but never the restaurant --that's helpful. As much as we'd like to leave the airport ASAP, the villa we're renting is providing a van for our group and we'd like to save the additional expense. plus, we're all leaving from the same airport within an hour, so we'll likely know if the later flight is going to depart on time. Cancun customs is a whole other monkey wrench. We'll have a plan b in case!

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,192 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Meeting spot at Cancun airport

DreamDays, if you look at that link, it shows one outdoor meeting area outside Terminal 3. The OP wanted that information....there it is.

Cancun
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Meeting spot at Cancun airport

Co_Pilot, Yet it includes your affiliated ID so you can make the commissions, referral, affiliated profit, If I would post something informative about the limousines, it would be removed / reported by you immediately

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,192 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Meeting spot at Cancun airport

Dream Days, while I understand what you wrote, I am not getting anything from that link. I get zero...nada...from any posting here.