We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ADO bus website

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
8 posts
Save Topic
ADO bus website

I need help!!

I will be flying to Cancun, but i will stay in One Playa del Carmen hotel near the new ADO bus for the first two days and then I will go to Cancun hotel zone to stay two nights.

when you go to ADO bus web site,

There is Cancun Q.R and Cancun Aeropuerto.

and there is Playa del Carmen Alterna, Qro and Playa del Carmen, Qroo

How should I decide where should I go?? and when I put the information

it said

'No Existe informacion con los criterios de busqueda proporcionados por favor intente otra consulta'

seems like its saying no such information, please try again or something like that.

I will be traveling in mid January. Please someone help me to plan my trip. Thank you

Canada
Level Contributor
4,971 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ADO bus website

Cancun bus station at the airport and downtown . see this for the downtown location...

wikimapia.org/2135489/Cancun-Bus-Station-ADO

Playa bus station on 5th and Benito Juarez, as well as the "aterna" at 20th ave and Calle 12.

try this site for English version tickets...

http://www.ticketbus.com.mx/wtbkd/index.jsp

also if your dates are to far out the web site won't show any avaiablity.

Edited: 13 December 2013, 19:59
New York City, New...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ADO bus website

I see! Thanks!

What about going back bus?

I will be staying in hotel zone in cancun, so when I go back to cancun from PDC ...

Do i have to get on the bus to the Cancun airport OR cancun QR would work?

and then ...should I take taxi? or is there another bus which goes to hotel zone?

If taxi...how much should it cost for one way?

Too many questions.. I dont speak Spanish, never been to Mexico.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ADO bus website

Note that Q.R., Qro, and Qroo are just abbreviations for Quintana Roo, the state that Cancun and PDC are in. Interesting how many variations that one website uses.

Cancun Q.R. would be the main bus station downtown.

New York City, New...
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ADO bus website

Thank you!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,447 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ADO bus website

You will go on the bus from the main ADO bus terminal in Cancun center (Cancun QR). The buses depart every 15 minutes to the ADO 5th Av. terminal in Playa. City buses go from the Cancun hotel zone to the center but I would not do that with luggage. Take a taxi to ADO in the center of Cancun. You dont need to worry about schedules--one will be boarding when you arrive.

The ADO Alterna never lists any schedules--you will find all listed as Playa del Carmen. All ADO buses to and from Cancun, operate only from the 5th Av. terminal. The terminal on 20 is the long distance buses only.

New York City, New...
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: ADO bus website

What about going back bus?

I will be staying in hotel zone in cancun, so when I go back to cancun from PDC ...

Do i have to get on the bus to the Cancun airport OR cancun QR would work?

and then ...should I take taxi? or is there another bus which goes to hotel zone?

If taxi...how much should it cost for one way?

Too many questions.. I dont speak Spanish, never been to Mexico.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,737 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ADO bus website

Jay, I have a backpack and get on the hotel zone bus headed to downtown. I get off near the Commercial Mexicana, carefully walk across the street to the bus station and take the next bus to PDC.

There are some useful pictures here

tinyurl.com/7m3r6

With normal luggage, you may have to take a taxi. Ask for the price at your hotel.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,447 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ADO bus website

To answer your question about returning from Playa to Cancun, ADO operates the same service from Playa. The buses depart the Playa 5th Av. terminal every 15 minutes to downtown Cancun. You don´t want to go to the airport. The bus is a bargain at 52 pesos.

9. Re: ADO bus website

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2014, 09:52
bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
7,128 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ADO bus website

Jay....you can just walk to the ADO station in PDC on the corner of 5th and Juarez and buy a ticket to the Cancun bus station (not the airport). No need to buy ahead. Taxi price from the bus station to your hotel will vary. Post that specific question on the Cancun forum, I think more people on there will know the answer. :)