We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone rented chairs & umbrellas from Canada Transfers?

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kincardine, Canada
Level Contributor
723 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone rented chairs & umbrellas from Canada Transfers?

We are headed to Ocean Maya Royale for Christmas. We are used to travelling at this time and realize it will be busy. We are concerned, though, that even in the lower season, the towel game is in full effect.

Canada Transfers offers an 8 foot beach umbrella and 2 chairs for $25 per week. Has anyone rented these and was it worth the hassle of lugging them to and from the room?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone rented chairs & umbrellas from Canada Transfers?

I wondered the same. I'm arriving December 29 and staying in a condo and was considering renting chairs and an umbrella. I wonder if the chairs are the same ones pictured on the website?

Canada
Level Contributor
5,016 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone rented chairs & umbrellas from Canada Transfers?

Do they advertise this on their web site ? I have never heard of this.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone rented chairs & umbrellas from Canada Transfers?

I wouldn't bother renting these items staying at an AI. It would be a real hassle lugging that back and forth to your room, never mind are you going to risk leaving it unattended while you go for meals, a swim, a walk? Are you going to drag it into the room each night? I'm not familiar with the layout of this resort, but it could be a long walk back and forth to the beach. We've never been to a resort that we could not obtain chairs or shade. It may not be in a "prime" spot, but you should be able to find something suitable.

As for a condo rental, I would first ask if the condo unit or building has these items for their guests.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone rented chairs & umbrellas from Canada Transfers?

No the condo is a block from the beach and they dont have chairs to rent. I also dont want to be at beach clubs everyday.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone rented chairs & umbrellas from Canada Transfers?

No the condo is a block from the beach and they dont have chairs to rent. I also dont want to be at beach clubs everyday.

Edited: 17 December 2013, 01:06
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone rented chairs & umbrellas from Canada Transfers?

Well then as long as you have someone to help carry the items back and forth, I guess it's better than renting them by the day or buying them outright.

I'd question what liability you'd face if something happened to the items, though. I know this is a transfer company, not a resort, but we've been to some resorts that want to charge $50 and up if you loose a simple $10 beach towel. Wouldn't hurt to ask.

7. Re: Has anyone rented chairs & umbrellas from Canada Transfers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2014, 05:18