We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Hotel wth Character

Limbo
Level Contributor
2,825 posts
Save Topic
Cheap Hotel wth Character

When we go down to Playa, we generally just walk along the street that runs parralel to Quinta Avenida until we find a budget hotel with a vacancy. Have never had any problems finding a place, even during Semana Santa. But the rooms are always perfectly servicable but charmless.

Can anyone recommend a budget hotel that might have a bit of character or even be considered cute? I've never even inquired about prices in the cute places because I always imagined that they were higher priced than I wanted. We have generally paid between 250 and 350 pesos a night (the high end during high season).

I could go a bit higher now that I earn US dollars rather than pesos, but I'm still a budget hotel kind of girl at heart.

Caveat: we'll be looking to spend the night smack dab in the middle of high season for national tourism.

I'm getting too old to rock out all night and take the first morning bus back to Cancun!

MI
Level Contributor
393 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap Hotel wth Character

Las Palapas looks like it has quite a bit of character...

I don't know the prices but it's near town..

the only drawback there are no TV;s..(I know many people

could care less. )

Limbo
Level Contributor
2,825 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap Hotel wth Character

Hijole! Las Palapas' average price as listed on TA is $179 a night...

I'm thinking that the places I;d be interested in wouldn't even be listed on TA.

PlayadelSoul...any suggestions?

Limbo
Level Contributor
2,825 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap Hotel wth Character

Anyone? Bueller?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
445 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap Hotel wth Character

I have not been there yet as I am leaving this week but I've booked at Luna Blue hotel and gardens. The pictures of the fabulous garden the hotel sits in are gorgeous and that's what really did it for me. They are very affordable and have gotten tons and tons of great reviews on this site.

www.lunabluehotel.com

brooklyn, new york
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap Hotel wth Character

HI Gia,

Have a great time at Luna!

Please write a review when you get back, as my husband and I are thinking about going to Luna next time we are in Playa. The reviews of the location and the descriptions of the rooms sound great.

We are staying at Secrets Capri for 10 days starting August 29 and we plan on going to Playa del Carmen on a day trip. I emailed the owners Tony and Cheri and asked them if we can stop by and give us a tour, and they wrote that they would be more then happy to to do that for us!

Happy travels,

Angie

6. Re: Cheap Hotel wth Character

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 03:17