We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Resort is closer to Playa Del Carmen

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Topic
Which Resort is closer to Playa Del Carmen

Hi, looking at 2 resorts for March, Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda or Occidental Grand Excaret. Which resort is closer to Playa ? Also any preferences from anyone who has been to both resorts ? Been to Mexico a few times , looking forward to it, but would lover to be close to playa, Also , we are limited to 1 of these two choices due to budget and availability. Also , what is the time from Cancun airport to both resorts

Thanks

Edited: 07 January 2014, 13:32
Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,614 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Resort is closer to Playa Del Carmen

I just google mapped it and they are both about equal distance from PDC. Except Xcaret is south of PDC and BBGE is north. I did look to me that Xcaret would be a bit closer but not by much.

Also, for transfers to and from the airport it will all depend on whether or not you have a private or shared transfer. If private, you are looking at anywhere from 35-40 min to BBGE and about 10 min more to OCC Xcaret. Depending on traffic and how fast your driver goes of course.

As far as which of these 2 Id choose I am not sure. Neither is known for having a great beach which is high on my list of must haves.

Edited: 07 January 2014, 13:38
Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Resort is closer to Playa Del Carmen

Thanks Texas, we chose Allegro Playacar as our resort, heard a lot about beaches not being great at our first choices and we have 11 people in our group that are used to Cuba beaches, so after some research we found this spot. Thanks Again

Jemik

Mentioned in this post
Allegro Playacar
Allegro Playacar
5,815 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
3. Re: Which Resort is closer to Playa Del Carmen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 05:17