We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Capri, Secrets Silversands, best "BEACH" ????

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
197 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets Capri, Secrets Silversands, best "BEACH" ????

Would like to know which of these resorts has the better beach?? and why? Have been to Secrets Capri before but it was 7 years ago and I really can not remember the beach. That might be because it wasn't that great. Any input would be appreciated.

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
295 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Capri, Secrets Silversands, best "BEACH" ????

Silversands has a much better beach. It's several times larger and is easily walkable. It is rocky getting into the ocean with the exception of a smaller area they've created to wade in though. The resorts have quite a bit different feel though so keep that in mind. SSS is much more modern and lively where Capri is more traditional and more quiet for the most part. Capri is also all preferred club where as SSS is both preferred and non-preferred if that matters to you.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,631 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Capri, Secrets Silversands, best "BEACH" ????

I wouldn't recommend either for a great beach; instead consider Secrets Maroma Beach or even the Valentin Imperial Maya (if you're not married to the AM brand).

The beach itself at SSS is fine for walking and lounging but there are a lot of rocks as you enter the water and unless the ocean is pretty much millpond smooth, I would call the ocean there unswimmable.

WV
Level Contributor
3,525 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets Capri, Secrets Silversands, best "BEACH" ????

Agree with Llisa. However if those are your only choices, go with Capri for swimming beach. Not good, but ok.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets Capri, Secrets Silversands, best "BEACH" ????

I prefer the beach at Capri and have stayed there twice. I also prefer the size of Capri and vibe.

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
197 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets Capri, Secrets Silversands, best "BEACH" ????

Lisa,

Thanks for our input, I've been to Secrets Maroma Beach and Valentin Imperial Maya, will agree to that they both great beaches. Just looking for an "ALL ADULT" With a good beach that we have not been to recently. Also been to Ed Dorado Seaside and also looking at El Dorado Maroma Beach. Thanks again, Jerry D

Delaware
Level Contributor
748 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets Capri, Secrets Silversands, best "BEACH" ????

Capri was extremely disappointing in all aspects, especially after VIM and Secrets Maroma.

SSS Sounds like a much better choice if the beach isn't high on the list. I send many clients there who really enjoy the vibe.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,631 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets Capri, Secrets Silversands, best "BEACH" ????

OK, adult only, good beach:

- Le Blanc

- Iberostar Grand

- El Dorado Maroma

- Royal Hideaway

- Catalonia Royal Tulum

Other than CRT, you may find the others come in at a significantly higher price point that SC and SSS but bear in mind that they're a jump up in overall quality.

If you don't care about swimming in the ocean, check out Excellence Playa Mujeres as well.

Edited: 08 January 2014, 23:39
Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
197 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Secrets Capri, Secrets Silversands, best "BEACH" ????

Thanks for all you suggestions, I believe we decided on El Dorado Maroma Beach.

9. Re: Secrets Capri, Secrets Silversands, best "BEACH" ????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2015, 05:21