We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AI Hotel with Baby-Club for 2 year old

Germany
Level Contributor
7 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
AI Hotel with Baby-Club for 2 year old

Hi,

we (a couple with our 2 year old son) want to go to Playa de Carmen for the first time this year.

We are looking for 4* or 5* AI Hotel at the beach with GOOD food.

What most of the hotels do not seem to offer is a kids-club for kids of less then 3 years. We would like to have the opportunity to sometimes have some relaxed hours or a quiet dinner, leaving our son in the kids-club (not with the babysitter service).

Can anyone recommend a hotel that offers this service? So far I haven't found any. Thank you!

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,042 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AI Hotel with Baby-Club for 2 year old

I don't know of any resort that offers what you're looking for and would politely suggest that using a babysitting service may be your only option.

Some people in your position choose to bring a trusted friend or family member along on vacation with them in return for childcare services. It's a good solution - you get someone you know and trust to take care of your child and your little one gets to spend time with someone they're already familiar with.

up north
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: AI Hotel with Baby-Club for 2 year old

When i see a post asking about small children, i picture them on a plane screaming. I have grandkids that i would love to take on vacation. I cant get them to sit in a chair for 10 minutes. To me if they cant sit in a chair for 3 hours they are too young to travel.

Germany
Level Contributor
7 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AI Hotel with Baby-Club for 2 year old

Trust me when I tell you that our son can handle it. This winter (he was one year old) we made a similar trip and he slept through the whole flight and he really enjoyed the hotel and the beach in sunny South America. It's just very nice for the whole family to escape from the European winter.

The option to bring a family member would be nice but difficult to finance, since we would have to invite them. I've seen now that Sandos Hotel has a baby-club for 2 year old kids. Has anybody used this service?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AI Hotel with Baby-Club for 2 year old

Check out the Azul Fives: karismahotels.com/hotelsresorts/foreveryone/…

Also, in Punta Cana there are two resorts that I'm familiar with that have Baby Clubs: Melia Caribe Tropical and the Grand Palladium.

We went to the Sandos in 2012 - our son was 8 - it was a nice resort but we found the food just ok so likely would not go back. Our son did go over to the kids club but he was bored - of course, he was older than yours so I cannot really comment on what it's like for little ones.

Edited: 13 January 2014, 15:47
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
97 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AI Hotel with Baby-Club for 2 year old

We've taken our son all over the world and he's never spent the time on the plane screaming. He normally wouldn't sit still in a chair, but he's fascinated by the plane and has always done fine on it. He will be three in April.

No advice on the baby club though.

Vancouver, Canada
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: AI Hotel with Baby-Club for 2 year old

I am also looking for an AI like that. From my research, the Paradisus LE seems to have a babyclub. The resort also gets good reviews in general. Hope that other members who have actually been there can give more accurate info.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: AI Hotel with Baby-Club for 2 year old

I have a hard time understanding how anyone can leave a toddler alone in a "kids' club". I'd have to be stationed right outside within ear shot to be able to relax. It's different for the older kids because they can speak up if they don't like it or don't want to go. Or if there were an older sibling staying there with them, I think I could accept it, but to leave a 2 or 3 year old alone with total strangers, I don't think I could do it.

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: AI Hotel with Baby-Club for 2 year old

The Palladium complex is not in Playa but I know it has a baby club, and these smaller children have a separate area from the older kids.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,625 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: AI Hotel with Baby-Club for 2 year old

She didn't ask for a parenting lesson....

I think Azul properties and the palladiums allow for it also.

markham, ontario
Level Contributor
169 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: AI Hotel with Baby-Club for 2 year old

Check out the azul fives completely geared to families with small children and it is sponsored by fisher price so lots of stuff have fun.