We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexico in July

Manchester
Level Contributor
432 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Mexico in July

Hi

I am looking for the perfect holiday but im restricted on dates 2nd 2 weeks in july.

Ive looked at cape verde and dominican but something keeps bringing me back to mexico, whats the weather like / chance of hurricane etc.

Thanks

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,041 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexico in July

I've been to Mexico in July lots and never seen a hurricane. Typically the weather is VERY hot and VERY humid and we usually do see rain in some form or another. Usually, it's very brief showers - often not even enough to scare us off the beach - but it IS the rainy season, so it could be a deluge.

It really worries me when people say they are looking for the "perfect" anything. Nothing, nowhere and no-one is perfect and I always think that expecting perfection is a recipe for disappointment. Just my two cents - maybe lower the bar to "great" or "fabulous" but not perfect - ;-)

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,487 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexico in July

Normally hot and humid with the odd flash downpour

However, you can still get some back to back wet or dull days

Manchester
Level Contributor
432 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mexico in July

Haha good point x Strange question....is it still suntan weather? x

Just wanted to take the kids somewhere different been going to turkey for years.

Thanks

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,553 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mexico in July

Oh, yes absolutely sun tan weather. You will need to wear sunscreen.

Danville, California
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mexico in July

We just booked for July 4 to July 13 our 7th trip at this time of year. Yes its hot and very humid but we love it

6. Re: Mexico in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2015, 06:18