We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain in Playa Del Carmen?

LA
2 posts
Save Topic
Rain in Playa Del Carmen?

We are going to Secrets in PDC on Sunday...checked weather.com and it looks like rain almost everyday. Can anybody say if these are just tropical showers where it rains for 45 minutes a day and it's over or if this is "real rain"?

Thanks

weather.com/outlook/…

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain in Playa Del Carmen?

It is NOT real rain!! The forecast always looks like that in the summer. We just got back and had about an hour of rain over the whole 11 days even though the weather had showers listed every day. Went through the same thing last year. Ignore the forecast, unless a hurricane is coming!vvEnjoy your trip!

Tulsa
Level Contributor
62 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain in Playa Del Carmen?

We were there the 2nd week of July. Cloudy several days, and rained a little. I laid out even when it was cloudy & came home with a tan. Don't worry about it.

El Paso, Texas
Level Contributor
525 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain in Playa Del Carmen?

I just returned from PDC today. Yesterday (Friday) it stormed all day cab driver said it was a tropical depression, however today was beautiful! It called for rain our whole trip Jult 25th-22nd only had 1 day of rain. Good luck have a great trip!

El Paso, Texas
Level Contributor
525 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain in Playa Del Carmen?

typo - July 15- July 22nd

Playa del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain in Playa Del Carmen?

Friday was a real rainy day. Other than that we have not seen a rainy day in quite some time, as far as I can remember, any substantial rain coming only overnight.

Steve

phil. pa
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rain in Playa Del Carmen?

thank you for the good news!!! we have only traveled during the winter months so seeing rain in the forecast was getting me wrecked out. this time tomorrow i will be in PDC :)

Playa del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Rain in Playa Del Carmen?

Well as they say, past results are not a guarantee of future performance. But in the case of this region, they come about as close to a guarantee as one can come, when compared with typically gloomy weather predictions about the region.

Indeed the very fact that you're seeing such gloomy predictions may serve even better as a guarantee that you'll have fine weather here. :-)

Steve

Houston
Level Contributor
186 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rain in Playa Del Carmen?

Have to agree with teebaby, we were just there 15-22 and only had rain on Friday (21st) althouth the forecast called for rain pretty much every day (even on the local news). I would not worry about it too much. Just enjoy yourself and bring a poncho just in case of the occasional shower if a little water bothers you.

Playa del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Rain in Playa Del Carmen?

It rained a bit this morning but has been beautiful, hot and sunny since at least about 11 am, if not earlier.

Steve

10. Re: Rain in Playa Del Carmen?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 10:27