We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Mayan Prison

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
El Paso, Texas
Level Contributor
522 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from Mayan Prison

If you have any questions...

Summary of my visit to the Mayan Palace.

The rooms are very comfortable air conditioning is awesome! We stayed in building #8 close to lobby. Maid and bellhop service is excellent. Food service is slow, but the food was good.

Selective air conditioning -There is NO air conditioning in the lobby, or most of the restaurants.You are left to boil!

Air conditioning is free flowing in the Time Share Shark's sales room and bathrooms. Go figure?

Check out is 10AM It can be a miserable experience if you have to sit in the lobby for more than 30 minutes, waiting for the shuttle. If you have an afternoon flight you are SOL with no other place to go. We cooled off in the bathrooms.

The pool is family friendly hung out there until I saw all the black mold growing in between the tiles. Even worse a guy with snorkel gear was scrubbing the tiles down during my swim! Nasty mold floating around ewww!

The beach area is awful, I was warned by most of you, I tried to have a postive outlook but listen to this...

The first night we arrived we took a stroll down to the beach. Needless to say it was as awful as described. I decided to collect seashells, and after about 20 minutes or so my husband is screaming for me get out of the water! A 4 ft CROCODILE was less than 3 feet away from me. So the rest of the evening we were croc hunting, My husband wanted to be the new croc hunter and catch it. DUH! yeah right. After that I had no desire to get in the water. The beach has rocks all over it and it stinks. Dead sea urchins, old tires, and seaweed help the special aroma only you can experience at the Mayan Palace.

If you want to drink, lay by the dirty pool, and get up at 6AM in hopes of getting a cabana with a bed, this is the place for you!

If you want a nice beach and not feel like a prisoner so far away from everything, go elsewhere.

BC Canada
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
41. Re: Just back from Mayan Prison

http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/cnhc/csl.htm

This is a site with all 23 species of alligators, crocs and caimen. Maybe what you saw will be on this site.

Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
442 posts
1 review
Save Reply
42. Re: Just back from Mayan Prison

I defy you to show where I called you a liar. I said you were mistaken, as you were with your claim of 6 foot of rain.

How you accept or do not accept criticism, is your problem.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
76 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Just back from Mayan Prison

Playadelsoul... take it easy on teebaby... I just skimmed the thread very quickly, but it did seem to me like you were being a little critical of the post. Tripadvisor is wonderful because we each get to share our own experiences... Don't like it, write your own... and.... after my trip, I will correct you ALL :)))

maryland
Level Contributor
256 posts
1 review
Save Reply
44. Re: Just back from Mayan Prison

where are the pictures???

El Paso, Texas
Level Contributor
522 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Just back from Mayan Prison

skibum31,

The pictures are posted on my review of the hotel, "Mayan Prison"

on this site.

El Paso, Texas
Level Contributor
522 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Just back from Mayan Prison

Playadelsoul,

get over yourself, can't admit when your wrong. you must be a bitter angry person...

maryland
Level Contributor
256 posts
1 review
Save Reply
47. Re: Just back from Mayan Prison

thanks teebaby

wish it was a better picture but i believe you, and you know what you saw and that's all that matters.

Dave

El Paso, Texas
Level Contributor
522 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Just back from Mayan Prison

The last picture you can see him sitting on the rocks, he blends in so you really have to look hard. Thank you for your faith and honesty.-Tee

49. Re: Just back from Mayan Prison

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 07:20