We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milk at Paradisus La Esmeralda

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Topic
Milk at Paradisus La Esmeralda

Hi - traveling to Paradisus La Esmeralda with our 19 month old son. He drinks whole cows milk here in US. Can anyone tell me what type of milk they serve at La Esmeralda? I emailed the resort and have not received a reply. From the pictures, it appears the milk is served in milk boxes (from when the family concierge delivers milk and cookies each nite). If they don't serve cows milk, is it available in a supermarket that we can take a taxi to?

Thanks for all of your help!

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,892 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Milk at Paradisus La Esmeralda

Cows milk is very widely available in the area but they treat it differently to how it's treated in the US and Canada. (I *think* it's sterlized as opposed to homogenized but I stand to be corrected on that). Whatever treatment it is they use to make the milk safe, the end result is that the milk in Mexico tastes slightly different.

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,190 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Milk at Paradisus La Esmeralda

The stuff in the boxes is definitely cows milk.

3. Re: Milk at Paradisus La Esmeralda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2015, 06:19