We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Men clothes shopping

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Men clothes shopping

Morning !

Can some experienced travels please point me in the right direction. I would like to get some shopping done for t-shirts, underwear, socks etc while I am on holiday before I start my round the world trip. Which store should I head for? I'm looking for decent prices and good quality that won't fall apart after a few washes. Brands like Old Navy, Banana Republic, Underarmor etc I'm not from the USA, otherwise this wouldn't be a problem. Thanks

Texas
Level Contributor
783 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Men clothes shopping

Are you looking for shopping in Mexico or are you stopping in the US first?

Savage, Minnesota
Level Contributor
3,245 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Men clothes shopping

Bought a bunch of stuff from Old Navy before our last trip, and most of it was a bargain, with sales and whatnot, and so far so good. Have washed the shirts and shorts multiple times and still in great shape.

I may put them away for our next trip, and hope they don't shrink while they are put away, if you know what I mean.

Texas
Level Contributor
783 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Men clothes shopping

A lot of my husband's shorts, T-shirts, and even swim trunks come from Old Navy. They hold up pretty well and they are very affordable. Maybe that's why he has so much!

He also finds a lot of stuff at Kohl's. Especially linen pants, tropical print button up shirts, and nicer shorts.

As a plus, for him, at least, his clothes don't tend to shrink between vacations. I'm not so lucky, however. :-)

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Men clothes shopping

As post #1 asked, shopping in Mexico or US? What town, city?

I think he wants names of stores and their locations, as he's already stated what name brands he's looking for.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
11,054 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Men clothes shopping

Look up Lands End on line and LL Bean.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Men clothes shopping

Hello, this is for shopping in Playa del Carmen. Unfortunately I won't get to shop in the US otherwise I would be going on a massive shopping spree. I was hoping I could find quality like Old Navy somewhere in Playa del Carmen - if not is there any other brands or stores that stock decent clothing for good prices. I would even be happy to purchase online from a mexican site and get it shipped to my hotel in PDC if its a better option.

Edited: 27 February 2014, 01:39
Canada
Level Contributor
5,049 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Men clothes shopping

Liverpool on the west side of the highway south of centro has men's clothes including Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren and Sciappino. They also have a section of suits, sport coats, dress shirts and ties....

decent clothing yes, for good prices not really, not Mexican prices and not even US prices here. Most of the brands and stores you have mentioned are not Mexican stores and these clothes will be more expensive than USA - if they are found here they will be most likely imported through the US chain.

There are a few beach wear stores on 5th with some name brands and a couple of Hurley brand stores. Again not inexpensive.

8. Re: Men clothes shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2015, 07:19