We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandos Playacar wrist band colors

San Mateo...
Level Contributor
39 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Sandos Playacar wrist band colors

Can someone explain the meaning of the different colors of wrist bands at Sandos Playacar? What do we NOT get if go with the basic, least costly color? Are we restricted from certain beach areas?

Also, is 16 years old, travelling with parents, old enough to qualify for the adults only section?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandos Playacar wrist band colors

Green bracelets- family section. No access to Select Club (which are adult only areas) or Royal Elite areas (time share members).

Gold bracelets- Select Club. Adult only rooms, pool, hot tub, daytime a la carte, beach house & beach area.

Purple bracelets- those staying in Royal Elite rooms who are NOT timeshare members. They have access to the Select Club areas but their minor children do not.

Black bracelets- Royal Elite timeshare members and their guests. Full resort access as well as their own daytime a la carte, pool and bar area and beach area.

Hope this helps!

San Mateo...
Level Contributor
39 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandos Playacar wrist band colors

Thanks. Can you describe the advantages of the beach areas available to people w/ gold or purple bracelets? Also, would our 16-year old son be excluded from those areas anyway?

If I love a chair in the shade, would I be more likely to get one w/ a gold or purple bracelet?

thanks again

Edmonton Alberta
Level Contributor
698 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandos Playacar wrist band colors

Are the bracelets green @ Playacar??

Danville, California
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandos Playacar wrist band colors

The standard beach rooms and the family riviera section are blue bands and have their own section of beach where you should not have a problem finding shade plenty of palapas. Your 16 year old will not be allowed in the adults only section as it is for 21 and up.

central ohio
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandos Playacar wrist band colors

What kind of food is included in the Royal Elite a la carte?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandos Playacar wrist band colors

Yikes!! Just realized I described Caracol's bracelets. Playacar is on my mind as we're there in just over a month, and Caracol is always on my mind as its my home away from home.

Sorry for the confusion folks!

Danville, California
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandos Playacar wrist band colors

The alacarte restaurants are mexican, steakhouse, asian, french, mediterranean and brazilian. They are for all guests.

Edmonton Alberta
Level Contributor
698 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandos Playacar wrist band colors

Is it the Mediterranean that is closed??

Danville, California
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandos Playacar wrist band colors

Yes from what I have heard they are putting a new palapa roof on. The bar is still open for pool service.

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandos Playacar wrist band colors

I’m a bit confused - so is the only difference then, that the Playacar bracelet should be listed as blue instead of green for the standard and family Riviera sections? All of the things listed for each section are still the same as stated in posts number 1 and 4?

Does each colour bracelet have a different section of beach that is supposed to be for them?