We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Hideaway Playacar Nightlife

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Royal Hideaway Playacar Nightlife

Looking at planning a vacation with a group of ladies (all in our mid-twenties) and one of the resort options that our travel agent gave us was the royal hideaway playacar. I've looked up several reviews and images/videos for this resort and it looks beautiful but there's no info on any kind of night life at this resort. Has anyone ever been here that can let us know the atmosphere of this particular resort and whether or not we will have fun or if we will be bored? Thanks in advance for your response! :)

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
190 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Hideaway Playacar Nightlife

lg....I have stayed at the Royal Hideaway and can tell you it is a resort more for couples and romance than nightlife. It is a beautiful resort and top notch service but IMO the average age of guests at this resort was about 45.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,766 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Hideaway Playacar Nightlife

IMHO I think you'd be bored out of your minds. Have you looked at Royal Playa del Carmen? Still adults only but lots of action and you're only a block from 5th Ave. Or if you want the Playacar beach consider either Riu Palace where it's stay at one, play at six (5 other Rius in the immediate area).

3. Re: Royal Hideaway Playacar Nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2014, 23:36
Floyds Knobs...
Level Contributor
804 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Hideaway Playacar Nightlife

It's my favorite place but it's really not for a group of 20 something girls unless you just want beach, spa and mimosas all day. The Royal would be nice for that.

Ontario
Level Contributor
167 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Hideaway Playacar Nightlife

I would also recommend The Royal. Lively resort with awesome food & service and close to all the action. Visited a few years back and still our favourite so far in the area. This year we're staying at Playacar Palace, so can't wait to compare both, but still think The Royal will have the edge since it's adult's only.

Edmonton, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Hideaway Playacar Nightlife

Thanks everyone for your responses!! Not sure why she would have recommended such a resort! I will look into some of your suggestions :)

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,766 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Hideaway Playacar Nightlife

I was thinking the same thing when I read your original post lg.

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,914 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Hideaway Playacar Nightlife

If I were a 20 something - can remember back then - I'd go into Cancun. There's more options for a great time and you will be in the middle of the fun - not stuck at a resort that requires a taxi ride to go to Playa or into Cancun. Secrets Silversands is also an option. It has a younger vibe. It will depend on the size of your group in the availability of seating more than just a couple.

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
71 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal Hideaway Playacar Nightlife

I love Royal Hideaway and have been there twice by myself. While there isn't a nightclub, I can tell you there is a nice bar outside that has entertainment at night and people mingle and have a nice time. You are very close to Playa del Carmen if you really want to take a cab and go to a club. I highly recommend RH. It's gorgeous and the service is outstanding. I just booked a third trip for myself this July :)

10. Re: Royal Hideaway Playacar Nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2015, 05:16