We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best All-Inclusive, All-Adult resort with good beach

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hendersonville...
Level Contributor
6 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Best All-Inclusive, All-Adult resort with good beach

We interested in an all-inclusive, all-adult resort away from the hotel zone of Cancun. We are interested in a beautiful beach - are there any with snorkeling right off the beach? We would appreciate any advice!

Flushing, New York...
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best All-Inclusive, All-Adult resort with good beach

The Valentin Imperial Maya is a great choice with a great beach. No real snorkeling though.

Chestermere
Level Contributor
160 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best All-Inclusive, All-Adult resort with good beach

Secrets Maroma would be the ultimate, Valentine beach is a little rocky, Maroma has none

Milford, Connecticut
Level Contributor
305 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best All-Inclusive, All-Adult resort with good beach

Try Ocean Maya Royale (read actual reviews before listening to posters on here) beach is small, theres a boardwalk thru part of it, but water access on each end, no rocks, can snorkel along boardwalk, softs sand and a 10 minute walk to a beautiful crystal clear lagoon.....

texas
Level Contributor
851 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best All-Inclusive, All-Adult resort with good beach

Have you considered El dorado maroma...beautiful beach ! Small, romantic, relaxing

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,835 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best All-Inclusive, All-Adult resort with good beach

The only resorts I know with good snorkelling off the beach would be:

Barcelo Maya complex - five resorts in one, distinct class system (the higher up the chain you stay, the more access to amenities you get), I believe there might be an adult only pool but only if you stay at the top level Barcelo Palace. It's a couple of years now since I stayed there but I remember there were a lot of little kids. I didn't like this resort enough to consider returning and don't recommend them at all any more since they put in a dolphin enclosure (I have ethical issues with that but appreciate that no everyone shares my views).

Grand Palladium - another multi resort complex but more egalitarian than the Barcelo and there's an adult only portion to the resort but the rest of it is family friendly.

Akumal Beach Resort - often described as a two star resort on a five star beach. Not adult only.

If you're prepared to compromise on the on-site snorkelling thing, then consider:

- Valentin Imperial Maya

- Iberostar Grand

- Secrets Maroma Beach

- El Dorado Maroma

- Royal Hideaway

- Catalonia Royal Tulum

All adults only, all on great beaches.

For something a bit more budget friendly, consider the Rius in Playacar - not adult only but on a great beach and within very easy reach of all the bars, restaurants, clubs and shops of Playa del Carmen.

Happy researching!

texas
Level Contributor
851 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best All-Inclusive, All-Adult resort with good beach

the other thing i forgot to mention about EDM is that it is next door to a marina so if you want to ride a waverunner out to the reef to snorkel you just walk next door....it s convenient

Calgary
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
22,835 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best All-Inclusive, All-Adult resort with good beach

"so if you want to ride a waverunner out to the reef to snorkel you just walk next door.."

Can you do that? (By "that" I mean ride a wave runner out to the reef.) I was under the impression that wave runners aren't allowed within the boundaries of the "park" ...... or were you referring to snorkelling a different part of the reef?

texas
Level Contributor
851 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best All-Inclusive, All-Adult resort with good beach

they actually have a "tour" where they take 6 ( maybe 8 ?) i believe waverunners out to the reef...and let them snorkel.....you can actually see them from maroma beach when they are out there.....the area i see them at the majority of the time would be down past the last beach villa on the beach side ( calmer side) of the reef...there is also the option of taking the catamaran out to snorkel...

texas
Level Contributor
851 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best All-Inclusive, All-Adult resort with good beach

obviously they cant ride one out there on their own..has to be with the "tour"

Calgary
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
22,835 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best All-Inclusive, All-Adult resort with good beach

Aah, ok, thanks Suz, that makes sense that it would be a tour (and their guide would have to be licensed to take 'em in the park too).