We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tulum monkey sanctuary

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cambridge
Level Contributor
168 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
tulum monkey sanctuary

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had been here before and if you think its worth it.

I was also wondering if anyone knew how much a taxi from sandos caracol resort to the sanctuary would be, and how we would go about getting back?

Also does anyone know what time the buses leave playa del Carmen to go to the coba ruins? I have tried the website but it wont work for some reason.

Many thanks

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,220 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tulum monkey sanctuary

Yes, I went to see the monkeys two years ago--I **think** it's the place you're speaking of, though it wasn't actually in Tulum. We saw SO many monkeys!! We went with a friend who lives in the area; she'd been many times and had NEVER seen any till we went with her. The guide was really good, but he only spoke Spanish. He spoke slowly enough that I could catch most of it and translate for my kids, and my friend helped too.

It was really worthwhile, and the road in to the sanctuary is really pretty--so many butterflies!!

cambridge
Level Contributor
168 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tulum monkey sanctuary

Just wondering if anyone else has been and the best way to get there and back from sandos caracol??

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
509 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tulum monkey sanctuary

Are you talking about The Jungle Place? I have not been there yet but want to in May. Look under the column on the right...Top questions about Playa del Carmen. Click on the link "Monkeys @ THE JUNGLE PLACE? How do I get there." If that is the place you are talking about?

cambridge
Level Contributor
168 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tulum monkey sanctuary

No it's not the jungle place. Definitely called tulum monkey sanctuary. I came across it on here and then checked out the website

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
509 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tulum monkey sanctuary

Oh ok. I haven't heard of that one and will look into it!

cambridge
Level Contributor
168 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tulum monkey sanctuary

Thank you :-)

7. Re: tulum monkey sanctuary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2015, 06:29