We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Capri in three weeks!

Evansville, Indiana
Level Contributor
166 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets Capri in three weeks!

This will be our 15th'ish trip to the Cancun/Riviera Maya area. We've stayed at Palace Resorts, Iberostars, Excellence, Barcelo, and El Dorado properties to name a few. This is our first time at a Secrets resort. I sure hope we'll like it. We prefer all adult properties, and are looking for a laid back & relaxing trip. I had it narrowed down to a few choices in our $$ range. VIM and SC were the final two. I loved the pools & lush landscaping of the VIM. I hope were not disappointed with the difference of the Secrets Capri, but after research chose them for smaller size, service, and attention to detail. Looking forward to some sand & salt water therapy!!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
277 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Capri in three weeks!

Went to Capri last year and definitely liked the smaller size because it allows you to connect with the staff and other guests more. Had a great time and everyone was very friendly. The only thing I didn't love so much was the rooms as they could use a bit of updating and/or more space depending on the type of room. Also would have liked a service box so there would have been a place for room service dishes after use.

All in all had a great time. I have confidence in the Secrets brand and would never hesitate to return to one (trying Silversands in a few weeks). Feel free to let me know if you have specific questions.

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Capri in three weeks!

Loved Capri for it's size and intimacy. The staff really made us feel special.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
295 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets Capri in three weeks!

You will love it! We have been to Capri four times. Splurged and stayed ocean front last August. Made the deal after we got there to upgrade from tropical view, and we're very happy with that decision. Secrets Maroma is our favorite, but Capri is definitely the better value. You get the same great food and service. We have never been disappointed. We are checking out VIM this year to see how it compares. Enjoy your stay!

Evansville, Indiana
Level Contributor
166 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets Capri in three weeks!

Can you get enough shade around the pool and on the beach?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
270 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets Capri in three weeks!

the amount of shade on both the beach and the pool is pretty close to perfect for the size of the resort - in our experience this last trip , as long as you were up and around by 8:30 or 9ish, we had no trouble getting shade at either the beach or the pool -

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
509 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets Capri in three weeks!

Wizkid60, we are returning to Secrets in May for our 4th trip. We thought about asking to upgrade to ocean front as well. If you don't mind saying, how much extra was it per night to do so? Thanks!

Evansville, Indiana
Level Contributor
166 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets Capri in three weeks!

Yes, I would like to know that also. How much have people paid at the hotel for an upgrade? If like go know what to possibly expect. We've reserved an ocean view room.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
295 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Secrets Capri in three weeks!

We originally booked tropical view. When we got there, they asked if we were interested in upgrading to ocean view. I said no but we would like to talk about ocean front. They took us to look at what was available, one on the first floor, and one on second. As we walked back to the front desk, she offered it to us for $60 per night. I said I had only planned to pay $40. When we got back to the desk, she consulted her supervisor, and we agreed to $50 per night. I would assume if you booked ocean view, in theory you should get a better price. And we traveled in August, so not high season.

Edited: 11 March 2014, 01:08
Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
509 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Secrets Capri in three weeks!

$50 isn't bad at all. I will see if they will consider it on our trip. Thanks for the info!

10. Re: Secrets Capri in three weeks!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2015, 06:18