We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Searching for a vacation for family and friends..

Cinnaminson, New...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Searching for a vacation for family and friends..

Searching for an all-inclusive. We have a group of about 15 to 20, adults and the children are ages 16 to 25. Looking for a resort that has great food with multiple restaurants and different cuisines, pool, beach, plenty of excursion options for the kids, safe walking distance of restaurants, shopping and nightlife, a resort with activities during the day and night that come with the all-inclusive price and of course we are looking for a night club at the resort so we do not have to pay for drinks and dance the night away.

We are not the family that sits on a beach every day of our vacation. We like to be entertained and have many options to chose from. Can anyone help me with these options? Thank you..

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Searching for a vacation for family and friends..

You may have thrown some people off when you asked for walking distance to town along with the fact that it has to be family friendly AND have a night club. I can't remember the name of the sister resort of The Royal Playa del Carmen. I want to say The Porto Real. It is in the town of Playa del Carmen. There probably is not a night club on the premisses because they are in town.

Bayville, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Searching for a vacation for family and friends..

You don't mention your price range. I think any of the Riu's would be a good choice for you. All are in Playacar, a safe gated community. Would be about a half hour walk to 5th Ave or a short $7 cab ride. If you stay at the Riu Palace Mexico or Riu Palace Riviera Maya you can use the facilities at all five Riu's. The Palace Riviera Maya is about a ten minute walk to the other Riu's. The Palace Mexico is across the street from the Riu Tequila which has a 24 hour sports bar and a nightclub. If you chose the Riu Tequila, Yucatan or Playacar you can use the facilities at the other Riu's except the palaces. Dinner has to be at the hotel that you are staying at though.

Cinnaminson, New...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Searching for a vacation for family and friends..

Thank you very much for your help. I will do some research on RIU's resorts.

Edmonton, Alta.
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Searching for a vacation for family and friends..

Palace resorts includes some tours with resort dollars -just have to pay the tax. One of the resorts, Moon Palace, has non motorized sports included for free. All drinks included -teen club, adult nightclub & 2 kids clubs. Over 16 restaurants & snack bars. Numerous bars. Golf. Book with a member & get 2 free tours per person.

Kids 12 & under free June 1 - Aug. 31. Free wifi, free calls home to U.S. & Canada, free 24 hours room service, free Flowrider.

Cinnaminson, New...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Searching for a vacation for family and friends..

Sun2994, is tthe palace that you are talking about one of the RIU resorts? And if so, which one mexico or riviera maya

Thanks for all the information...

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Searching for a vacation for family and friends..

Cheryl - I believe Sun2994 is referring to the Palace resorts - not the Riu Palace. See this link:

http://www.palaceresorts.com/

Playacar Palace is within walking distance to Fifth Ave in PDC.

I haven't been there so cannot comment whether it would meet your needs.

7. Re: Searching for a vacation for family and friends..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 04:25