We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it possible to walk on the beach from.....

midwest
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Is it possible to walk on the beach from.....

Question for all the experts here. Is it possible to walk on the beach from Secrets Capri to Grand Sunset Princess? I just found out some friends will be staying the same time we will be there and would like to visit them while we are there. If we wanted to take a taxi would the resort let us in?Thanks in advance

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,623 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it possible to walk on the beach from.....

` If we wanted to take a taxi would the resort let us in?

Nope, not unless you buy a day pass.

If you meet up at the beach, as you are not a guest of the GSP, you should not be using their loungers or palapas and, for sure, you should not be availing yourself of any of the all-inclusive refreshments.

Ditto, if your friends walk to Secrets Capri, they shouldn`t be using any of SC`s facilities, including loungers, etc. UNLESS they have paid for a day pass.

A better idea might be to meet up at some neutral territory - e.g. Playa del Carmen.

Donnellson, Iowa
Level Contributor
998 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it possible to walk on the beach from.....

Agree with Llisa. Best meeting place would be Playa del Carmen or one of you purchase a day pass to the others' resort.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,721 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it possible to walk on the beach from.....

its not that far a walk...maybe 45 minutes along a beautiful stretch. although depending on the tides, you may have to shimmy up onto the mayakoba golf course for a little bit. but other than that its a nice beach walk.

Edited: 11 March 2014, 18:09
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
5,420 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it possible to walk on the beach from.....

...and after walking that stretch, they'd be quickly intercepted by security and asked to leave the premises. Or, purchase a day-pass, as already mentioned.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,721 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it possible to walk on the beach from.....

dunno why everyone is basically calling these folks free loaders or whatever. they only asked if it was possible to walk from a to b.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,623 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it possible to walk on the beach from.....

In addition to asking if it was walkable, the OP included the phrase " and would like to visit them while we are there " in their original question and even asked about taking a taxi to their friends' resort, which led me to believe they were planning on visiting their friends AT GSP.

Not for one second did I make the assumption that the OP was planning to "free load"; I was simply providing information about how AI resorts work. If I caused offence, I apologise. I would think it would be infinitely more offensive/embarrassing to be removed by security if the OP were to inadvertently run afoul of the rules.

Edited: 11 March 2014, 19:07
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
5,420 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it possible to walk on the beach from.....

Llisa, no need to apologize. No one here either suggested or implied the OP's intention was to freeload. One person, however, made an improper accusation.

OP even asked "...would the resort let us in?"

Does everyone on this board know that a day pass is required to visit someone at an AI? I certainly wouldn't want to make that assumption.

Edited: 11 March 2014, 19:20
Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,721 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is it possible to walk on the beach from.....

If they didnt know a day pass was needed they did after the first post. No need to pile on a negative theme

9. Re: Is it possible to walk on the beach from.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2015, 05:17