We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Capri

Squamish, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Secrets Capri

Does Secrets Capri tend to upgrade your room when for special occasions. Going there early April for our 31st anniversary and hoping so.

MA.
Level Contributor
357 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Capri

I have never had any luck with a room upgrade at any of the Secrets Resorts. We have stayed at Capri, Maroma and The Vine 2 times. I had luck at the Iberostar Grand and The Royal Cancun one time.

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Capri

The only way to get an upgrade is to negotiate it upon check in. I've been disappointed before so I always book the room that I will be satisfied with to start and ask about an upgrade later. If you book an ocean view suite, you will be very satisfied. The way the resort is laid out, gives a nice view to almost every ocean view room. We upgraded half way through our stay to ocean front and it was nice but, not sure it was worth the extra money.

Squamish, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets Capri

Thx for the info

long island, ny
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets Capri

The thing at most of the AI's is that lots of people are celebrating something special. At secrets resorts they put the banners out...seems like every other room is a honeymooner, birthday, or anniversary.

We spent our 15th anniversary there and I remember getting our names on the newsletter and a special dessert that night and a banner.

At secrets in Jamaica, we spent our 20th and 21 anniversaries there, they have us fruit and wine, champagne breakfast, a spa coupon for % off and a banner.

I would mention your anniversary in an email ahead of time. I would also request a king bed as well ;), but I wouldn't get your heart set on an upgrade.

FYI...

My parents have been to Secrets silversands and Iberostar grand and both times they were upgraded. Both times they weren't celebrating anything!!! Go figure!

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets Capri

Forgot to mention that we had the anniversary package at Capri. It included a massage for two, dinner on the beach and a continental breakfast in bed. Very nice.

long island, ny
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets Capri

Wow, zetababepa, that is very generous! Did that cost extra or was a comp for an anniversary?

Like I said, we booked the anniversary pkg in Jamaica and it wasn't anywhere near as generous. (it was free, though)

7. Re: Secrets Capri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2015, 04:50