We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is smoking still allowed

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portchester, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is smoking still allowed

We are traveling to Secrets Capri Cancun in June, I was told you can smoke outside but I have not seen a recent post (2014) Can anyone who has recently been there confirm this? I am afraid I may need to cancel my trip and reschedule to a resort that does allow smoking. I would really appreciate some feedback.. Thank you.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,662 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is smoking still allowed

I don't know of ANY resort that restricts smoking outside; it's only INSIDE where you can't smoke.

FWIW, I'm on the opposite side of the fence on the smoking debate from you and would LOVE such a thing as a completely non-smoking resort. That's why I'm so sure there isn't one .... 'cos if there was, I'd be on it like white on rice!

Portchester, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Is smoking still allowed

thank you so much for answering... I totally appreciate your feelings. have you personally been to Secrets Capri? I am very worried.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
105 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is smoking still allowed

We visited Secrets Maroma last June and there were no outdoor restrictions. Call or email Capri if it's a big concern.

Portchester, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Is smoking still allowed

thank you for your advice

Doncaster
Level Contributor
305 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is smoking still allowed

Or, just stop smoking & then it won't matter! My mum's just been diagnosed with lung cancer at 58 after years of smoking. I know it isn't the forum for it, and I don't know you and I'm certainly not having a go, but don't carry on thinking it'll never happen to you. Mum did, and it has. I'll shut up and get off my soap box now! x

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Is smoking still allowed

I was at Capri recently, there are no restrictions for smoking outside.

Portchester, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Is smoking still allowed

thank you for answering my question politely... I know this is an unpopular topic and I certainly go out of my way not to offend anyone. thank you.. If anyone else has been there recently please write, as I have been unable to reach the hotel directly. If anyone knows there correct EMAIL please let me know... Again thank you.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Is smoking still allowed

You don't need to contact the hotel, about smoking anyway as the answer is above, there are no restrictions on smoking outdoors, only indoors. I was just there, I have been there before, that is the current policy. But if you want to write to them about something, try Jose Luis at info.secrc@secretsresorts.com.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,513 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is smoking still allowed

No need to email the resort as the above poster said unless you just want to. No resort Ive been to restricts smoking outside.

Portchester, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Is smoking still allowed

Thank you and I do believe your information, I tried to reach Jose with that email address and have not heard back as yet.. Much appreciated.