We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

swim with dolphins

Tel Aviv District...
6 posts
Save Topic
swim with dolphins

Hi,

next week we're going to cancun, playa del carmen and Isla mujeres .

where are the best place to swim with dolphins?

what should I check before that?

plz help us

10X :)

Canada
Level Contributor
5,714 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: swim with dolphins

The best help and thing to check is how to use the search function. You will find this a hotly debated topic on these boards. As well it is usually posted ever couple of weeks - it may not seem like it once you use the search function because several treads are closed due to the responses. Good luck and have a fun vacation.

Edited: 31 March 2014, 19:22
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,783 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: swim with dolphins

"where are the best place to swim with dolphins?"

In the ocean where they are free would be best

Boston...
Level Contributor
110 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: swim with dolphins

On the right side of the page is a list of top questions about PDC. Dolphin swims is one of the topics. You will find lots of info about this on there. This is very controversial topic right now and you may get answers you don't agree with. A lot of us feel very strongly that "dolphin swims" in captivity should not exist. There are a lot of sailboat and catamaran excursions where you can see fish, dolphins, turtles and mantas in their natural environment.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: swim with dolphins

If you are planning on going to Xel Ha or Xcaret anyway, I would do it there since they both have that option. Then you can do both in one day:)

Kirdford, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: swim with dolphins

ive just come back from PDC and me and my new wife swam with dolphines at Xel ha and it was amazing and like said above if you are planning to do that park its a good way to combine the price as well

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: swim with dolphins

I would try one of the places that take you out in the ocean.

A great place to start some research is on FB, "don't swim with dolphins in Playa Del Carmen"

Edited: 31 March 2014, 21:24
Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: swim with dolphins

Ditto replies #2, 3 and 6. Please do some research first. That is all we ask. There is a reason millions of people around the world are outraged about this.

8. Re: swim with dolphins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2015, 07:16