We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you do this when counting down?

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis
Level Contributor
396 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Do you do this when counting down?

I check the forum all the time for interesting postings but as I'm counting down to my trip I'll start looking at the reviews and pictures of the hotel I've chosen and all the PDC pictures and get so excited! We are under another winter storm for Thursday into Friday and the only thing holding me together is pictures of blue water, white sand and palm trees.

Miamisburg
Level Contributor
279 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do you do this when counting down?

Yes I do, and I drive my husband nuts with comments like, only 60 more days, only 37 more days. LOL

Union, Mo near St...
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do you do this when counting down?

I just got back on TA from a five month hiatus because I booked our next trip to the Valentin Imperial Maya this coming September. It will be our third time. I guess I need to have a trip booked or posting a review to get on this site. Not having a trip makes me sad and I can't share in someone else's excitement for "their" holiday.

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,243 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do you do this when counting down?

DC, easy solution to that...always have your next trip booked (or close to booking) before your vacation. :-)

We have our trip to PDC and the EDM booked for Aug/Sept and in June we will be booking our next trip to Ireland for April/May 2015...I always have to have the next trip booked to look forward to!

Union, Mo near St...
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do you do this when counting down?

Usually that's the case, having booked the VIM last September one week after returning from Dreams Huatulco March '13. This time my wife had foot surgery and I had rotator cuff surgery after we got back. Just wasn't in the right frame of mind to think of vacations. Although, typing this that last statement seems silly.

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,243 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do you do this when counting down?

:-) I can understand DC (and yes silly because that is certainly when you need to be thinking happy thoughts)!

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do you do this when counting down?

Now this is crazy, but I got excited when my current gallon of milk will be expired on my travel date! :-)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
261 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do you do this when counting down?

I do this as well. Gets me so excited for my trip!

upstate New York
Level Contributor
556 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do you do this when counting down?

I'm with you! Pretty soon my husband is going to start thinking I'm having an affair with Tripadvisor! I spend why too much time browsing all the post. LOL

Annie

Southern California
Level Contributor
12,433 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Do you do this when counting down?

Seriously I seldom read reviews (don't stay AI for the most part). I mean I have already booked and paid for my air and hotel, so why drive yourself nuts? Anyway the forums are more interesting - to me at least.

Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,034 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Do you do this when counting down?

A day or 2 before we leave I wait till my wife leaves the house, play "we are the Champions" song real load & yell out the words as if I can really sing.